Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2011, 01:38 AM

Disaster In Japan

I had quite the exciting morning with news about the disaster in Japan and word that a tsunami may hit my coastline just 65 miles from where I live. I'm protected from huge waves by the Cascade Mountain Range. I live in a valley surrounded by mountain.

I'm finally watching a current report at 4 pm as a special broadcast. The tsunami warning for the coast has been lifted. The first alarm went off at 1 in the morning and folks rushed to fill their vehicles to get out of town. There was one recorded death when a surge swept a man photographing the ocean out to sea. There was actual footage of Depoe Bay, looking calm like a mirror, turned into a cauldron of swirling, gushing water as a 6 foot surge from the ocean inlet raised the water level in that bay by 6 feet. There was one guy in his boat when that happened, and showed hanging on for dear life. He said the surge tore the dock in half and smashed all the craft docked there into each other. There are already folks walking on Canon Beach, idiots.

I'm continuing to watch the events unfold so I'll let you go for now. Safe & sound - Bob
Treacle
New Member!
Derbyshire UK
Treacle is female 

12-03-2011, 07:56 PM

Re: Disaster In Japan

Glad to hear you are safe Bob. I have been following it on the news, I know we moan about the weather here in the UK but we don't know how lucky we are. Such a terrible disaster

Treacle
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2011, 11:04 PM

Re: Disaster In Japan

Pleased everything is ok with you Bob......

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top