Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 06:51 PM

Do you do things absent-mindedly?

This afternoon I spent an hour posting a lot of my music posts in somebody else's thread, only realising this later on to my anger and despair

What have you done which isn't quite right... Put milk in the kettle? Given the cat frozen fish fingers etc?

It would be nice to hear I'm not old before my time and that there are others who lose their way sometimes!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 07:08 PM

Re: Do you do things absent-mindedly?

Worst is when you are sort of driving on mental auto pilot and suddenly thinking back realising you have no idea what colour the lights were at you just came through ..... I'm sure if they were at red I would have stopped but its the realisation you having come through them with no recollection what colour they were arrgghhhhh
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Worst is when you are sort of driving on mental auto pilot and suddenly thinking back realising you have no idea what colour the lights were at you just came through ..... I'm sure if they were at red I would have stopped but its the realisation you having come through them with no recollection what colour they were arrgghhhhh

Oh crikey Summer You lovely girl you.
You have no idea how relieved I was to read that because I have been guilty of that too.

Scary, isn't it.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Oh crikey Summer You lovely girl you.
You have no idea how relieved I was to read that because I have been guilty of that too.

Scary, isn't it.
Too right Mups, very scary
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 07:17 PM

I can relate to that. Only this morning I did a stupid thing.

I backed the car out of the garage and bumped the back end on a gatepost. It broke a light & damaged the bumper. Why I did it I don't know - the gatepost has always been there.

Other times I walk into a room & forget what I came for and the other day I put the pepper pot in the fridge...
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 07:18 PM

Yeah, I've done the same as the other 2 ladies

I think the biggest one I can remember is chicken in the washing machine and washing in the oven

These days I really try to concentrate but sometimes I fail. I live by habit as in always putting things back in the same place. The problem there is if I "tidy stuff away" and reorganise things. Total chaos
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I can relate to that. Only this morning I did a stupid thing.

I backed the car out of the garage and bumped the back end on a gatepost. It broke a light & damaged the bumper. Why I did it I don't know - the gatepost has always been there.

Other times I walk into a room & forget what I came for and the other day I put the pepper pot in the fridge...

Oh dear, I do that as well Carol. Then because I can't remember, I often do something else while I'm there instead, and still have got what I went in there for.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 07:21 PM

Yesterday I was making a prawn risotto so I softened the onions in the pan, put my fish stock into a jug and measured the amount of rice I needed. The only problem was that I tipped the rice into the stock jug, instead of putting it into the pan with the oil and onions!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire

15-02-2018, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
Yeah, I've done the same as the other 2 ladies

I think the biggest one I can remember is chicken in the washing machine and washing in the oven

These days I really try to concentrate but sometimes I fail. I live by habit as in always putting things back in the same place. The problem there is if I "tidy stuff away" and reorganise things. Total chaos

Gosh that made me laugh Nicol "chicken in the washing machine and washing in the oven " so funny
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Gosh that made me laugh Nicol "chicken in the washing machine and washing in the oven " so funny
Worst part was I only realised when I tried to stuff washing in the oven...the chicken was already on a 60 degree cycle

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top