Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 10:59 PM

Moving Experience

You are happy where you live, but you would like to think, this can't be the terminal residence, there is one more move left in me.
Where would you move to, to feel a difference in your lifestyle, the seaside, but you may live there already, or the country, but you may already be a Village Dweller.
Where would that last move take you?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 11:10 PM

Re: Moving Experience

Glastonbury or near a quiet beach or lake. I'm going to have to move shortly anyway for several reasons. I doubt if I'll have much choice where.
I'm in a quiet corner of a quiet village at the moment but the access and garden are getting too much. If I could move my little bungalow somewhere more suitable I would!
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 11:19 PM

I wouldn’t move from my present town as all my close family live here. I would like a bungalow instead of a house but they are at a premium as many people retire here to live by the sea.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 11:23 PM

Back to where I was born.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 11:23 PM

I just can't imagine where I will live next. I so love living where I am, a small hamlet , in an area of out standing natural beauty, sorrounded by others and world heritage sites. Close to some of the most beautiful beaches, surrounded by mountains

But the time will come when we will have to move to be nearer services such as shops and doctors etc. I hope to find the right village. One that has a good community. Broughshane which just won village of the year is a strong contender if the right property came up
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 11:24 PM

We seek a Bungalow, but are well previous old age Preppers, so, it has to be a property, where a dormer is a distinct possibility.
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Back to where I was born.
Tabby - -At 84, I still live in the house where I was born. Only left it for a few years of military service and when first married. Returned to it when my folks passed on, back in the 60's with a wife and 4 little ones.

Back in 1995 we gave it to our youngest daughter and family. In doing so we retained a life lease to finish out our days here. It's a large house so the 6 of us and the dogs fit comfortably. Upkeep and home expenses went with the property so we have no cost or responsibility regarding care of the home.

Works well for us but in some families it might not.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 12:23 AM

I was born by the sea, so l would like to go back to live by the sea!
My son lives near the sea in Coogee, Australia and is always asking me to go and live there.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 12:28 AM

I would either go to the coast somewhere (in UK), or back to a village.
I have lived in two villages and still miss village life.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 08:26 AM

Hi

A small Market Town for me, not being able to drive for a time, I want everything in walking distance.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top