Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Ella
New Member!
western europe
Ella is female 

07-03-2011, 07:56 PM

and what about breakfast?

my problem is breakfast.
i know its important to eat in the morning (so i wont eat like a cow at the evening... ) .
but its hard to decide what to eat. and i do try a healthy option. . .

so what do you eat usually in the morning and when? (from the time you get up...)

give me inspiration for tomorrow
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2011, 08:15 PM

Re: and what about breakfast?

Hi Ella, we always eat a good breakfast because we don't eat dinner in the evenings, just have a sandwich or a slice of toast for tea at 5pm.

Breakfast then is three courses,
Tinned grapefruit in juice, unsweetened, (really awakens the palette..)
Alpen muesli with cold milk and half a sliced banana, (my favourite course..)
One slice of wholemeal toast with marmalade.(with home made bread and marmalade)
All washed down with hot tea (milk, no sugar)

So there we have it Ella, next time we visit you will know what to dish up...(unless you are cooking sausage bacon and eggs that is..)
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2011, 10:21 PM

Only one course for me - never cooked - any of these will do
yoghurt
bowl of cereal (usually Weetabix)
any type of fruit (sometimes a fresh fruit salad if it is already in the fridge)
Ryvita with mushroom pate
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2011, 11:55 PM

I'm no help whatsoever; don't do breakfast except a glass of orange juice, one of 2% milk and my vitamins/supplements.

When Dad was alive and we used to vacation it was always the same: orange juice, bacon, scrambled eggs, buttery toast and a glass of milk.
CritterMum
West Mifflin, United States
CritterMum is female  CritterMum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2011, 04:46 AM

My breakfast is usually a bowl of cereal, my favorites are Multi-grain Chex, Multi-grain Cheerios, Honey Bunches of Oats & Mini Wheats. Sometimes on the weekends I will make french toast or blueberry pancakes!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2011, 08:09 AM

The most important meal of the day as anyone who has been in the armed forces will tell you.

For me it has to be a full English breakfast, no slice of toast and a cup of tea. You need substinance to get thought the rigors of the day
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2011, 12:32 PM

It's a bowl of cereal for me too, often topped with fresh Rasps or Strawberries.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2011, 10:28 PM

Toast (no butter), sometimes with jam/bowl of cereal-like all cereals, followed by cup of tea-couldn't manage a 'full English! Nothing else then till dinner time.......
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2011, 10:32 PM

Grapefruit juice, bowl of Special K or Muesli with Alpro Light followed by a cup of tea (no sugar or milk).
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2011, 12:48 AM

I dont eat anything till late afternoon. Just coffee!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top