Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 08:04 AM

Good for Lord Winston

Anyone who has ever had a train journey ruined by someone's else incessant irritating prattle can sympathise with Lord Winston .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ll-people.html
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 08:19 AM

Re: Good for Lord Winston

Actually I don't agree with Lord Winstons actions here. If he wanted a quiet no phones carriage he should have booked one.

I used to travel to London frequently from Yorkshire at least twice a week and I often heard people complaining about noise generally not just mobile phone users but things like announcements and kids making a noise. It always baffled me? As far as I was concerned I was working I often got calls or made calls I was in a regular carriage not a quiet one and that's life people make noise.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 08:22 AM

You don't necessarliy need to book...the fast trains to Waterloo here all have 'quiet zone' carriages. Bliss.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 08:25 AM

I had a train journey ruined by a man having an inane conversation next to me in which every second word was fffing .
When I challenged him it got worse and there were no other seats to move too.
He started telling whoever was on the other end he was sat next to a mad old woman obviously untouched by a man who smelt too.
I responded to the obnoxious twerp by spraying him with my Armani Gio
Saying smell this then .
The rest of the passengers smiled especially the gutless men sitting opposite
But it shut him up good and proper
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 08:30 AM

Whenever someone on a train ends a loud and annoying conversation, when they end the call I always say "byee!" and invariably it causes a titter
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 08:31 AM

Yes well there are obnoxious people around it's not a nice experience having to deal with them but even if he shut up or stopped using his unacceptable language he would still smell. It's a shame there were no other seats. Obnoxious man!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 08:31 AM

Well done Muddy! I have been on a quiet coach on a train that made no difference with a few passengers, who still used their phones. Gah! Perhaps they can't read...
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

06-02-2018, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Actually I don't agree with Lord Winstons actions here. If he wanted a quiet no phones carriage he should have booked one.

I used to travel to London frequently from Yorkshire at least twice a week and I often heard people complaining about noise generally not just mobile phone users but things like announcements and kids making a noise. It always baffled me? As far as I was concerned I was working I often got calls or made calls I was in a regular carriage not a quiet one and that's life people make noise.
It's simply consideration for others.
It's not alright IMO to inflict noise on what is a basically a captive audience . With respect you may consider the train be your work place but would you like it if your real work place was invaded by hordes of noisy people all talking about things that are no interest to yourself ?
I have no problem with children perse they are children although I traveled often by train as a child and we didn't make loads of noise our mother wouldn't let us !
Children too have to learn consideration for others.
The quiet carriages are so often ruined by some idiot on a phone which causes annoyance to everyone else and leads to confrontation
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 09:29 AM

I am grateful I have no need to use public transport.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 09:33 AM

He may have right idea but publishing someone's picture rather dangerous and a worse transgression than making a call in public. Odd times I'm on public transport I usually chat to people around me you only have to catch an eye and can a right laugh on the journey. If people are connecting like that it's rare they pick up a phone, all they want is company and human contact.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top