Join for free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2018, 02:49 AM

Yard Sales

Give it up for yard sales/garage sales/lawn sales.....whatever you call it in your areas..

Do you enjoy them?

I love them. I always find an interesting item that I like to pick up for peanuts.

The last great item I found was a set of 4 Royal Doulton dishes, for a measly $10.00.

A lot of our sales have a BBQ set up and you can buy a burger for a buck. Usually loud music is playing.....and it is like a party, lots of fun and good conversation,
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2018, 08:55 AM

Re: Yard Sales

There is a Car Boot sale, not far from us, the cars make a right mess (at this time of year) of the field it's held on, which is exported onto the main road for about a mile. The wife washes her car on a Sunday, and won't use on a Monday, if the Car Boot has been held, but, it is good for some folks health cos, to avoid the 50p (or whatever) entrance fee, they park well away, and walk to it.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2018, 08:56 AM

The first thing you need is a yard.

Or a field within easy reach.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2018, 09:25 AM

No interest in them at all.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2018, 11:29 AM

As Fender mentioned, it's mostly car boot sales here in Britain. I used to go to them a lot and often found what I was looking for. I have also done quite a few, it's a good way to clear out all the old junk for some cash but is surprisingly tiring. I have only been to one garage sale where I picked up a complete socket set for £5.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2018, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
No interest in them at all.
Nor I. I have never been to a car boot sale, nor do I want to, I rid myself of my junk either to charity or the tip.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2018, 11:39 AM

I would never sell any of our unwanted possessions, I would either give them to a charity, or someone I know who would like them. I feel sorry for our next door neighbours I am frequently knocking on their door asking for they would like some object or other, when I have one of my clear outs.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2018, 11:42 AM

I love car boot sales, charity shops, thrift shops but haven't been to many yard sales, there have been only a couple here over the past 40 years they really aren't very popular here.

One persons junk another persons treasure IMO

I have bought lots of clothes I've brought home and unpicked to make new clothes for us, unworn shoes, we've hardly ever paid more than £5 a pair. Handbags ! I've bought them used them for a year or so and register them back to the stores. Real high fashion ones Radleys and cors etc
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

04-02-2018, 11:43 AM

I could never wear clothes someone else has worn, even if they are clean.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2018, 11:45 AM

I hate car boot sales! I have been to two in my life!
Besides, I have enough junk here as it is!

If l sell anything, l sell it on Gumtree.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top