Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 10:49 AM

Labour +8000 homes

Labour says it will buy 8000 homes for the homeless.
What with ?

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...r-the-homeless
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 10:53 AM

Re: Labour +8000 homes

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Labour says it will buy 8000 homes for the homeless.
What with ?
Hi

Your Inheritance Tax.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 10:55 AM

Very likely .
I would rather leave it to the dogs home.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

02-02-2018, 11:00 AM

Well apparantly it works in Finland

https://www.channel4.com/news/factch...-actually-work
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

02-02-2018, 11:13 AM

What I don't understand is why housing benefit is given directly to homeless people of course most are not going to spend it on accommodation because many of the young homeless have a drug problem.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
What I don't understand is why housing benefit is given directly to homeless people of course most are not going to spend it on accommodation because many of the young homeless have a drug problem.
It's a big problem. A friend of mine rents properties to DHS tenants. He is quite a caring bloke and goes out of his way to accommodate those that are unfortunate enough to find themselves in that position; but I have lost count of those that just spend the benefit money for a few months, then run off to another area to start again. In the mean time, he struggles to pay the bills.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It's a big problem. A friend of mine rents properties to DHS tenants. He is quite a caring bloke and goes out of his way to accommodate those that are unfortunate enough to find themselves in that position; but I have lost count of those that just spend the benefit money for a few months, then run off to another area to start again. In the mean time, he struggles to pay the bills.
This is a fact and has happened to many landlords having watched programmes on tv about genuine ones ,including agencies , who have had properties absolutely wrecked by tenants who have made off to other areas, leaving rent arrears into thousands of pounds .
What amazes me is why they trash the decent properties they’ve been allowed to rent .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 11:45 AM

I'll believe it when I see it each party has failed badly on this time and again.

As for housing benefit it was a clear policy to make people homeless IMO they knew they were warned by many sources before they stopped paying benefit straight to landlords, sources that were well respected in the field, even benefit recipients begged not to be given that responsibility but they were all ignored. Unless you pay higher rates of benefit so people don't have to chose food or fuel you won't ever stop people choosing food and fuel and we'll sort out the rent next week. It just won't happen.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
This is a fact and has happened to many landlords having watched programmes on tv about genuine ones ,including agencies , who have had properties absolutely wrecked by tenants who have made off to other areas, leaving rent arrears into thousands of pounds .
What amazes me is why they trash the decent properties they’ve been allowed to rent .
That's true, just a total lack of respect by some.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2018, 08:25 PM

Corbyn is always promising stuff when he knows he is never likely to have to deliver it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top