Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2018, 03:08 PM

EE and Orange.

Hi

I have been in a long running battle with them, since May 2015.

Being charged for 2 mobiles, when I only have one and upgraded Broadband which I have never had.

Ofcom have been useless, promises never delivered.

I have spent nearly two hours on the phone to them.

Result, a refund of £731.86p and cheaper phone and fibre broadband, complete with new Router.

All supposed to be done within 28 days.

Perseverance pays, I do worry about those not as able as myself.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2018, 04:12 PM

Re: EE and Orange.

And well done to you Swim.
Like you more or less say though, the downside is that many people have neither got the stamina or the patience or the know how to persevere.
Possibly for blinkin’ years!

These companies know that and play on it in order to wear you down.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2018, 04:44 PM

My Mum and Dad were like that. Too polite to say No.
A sales man turned up one day out of the blue and talked them into buying a massive chest freezer and enough frozen food to completely fill it.

Then another time a salesman arrived and sold them hot air blowers that fastened to the wall. Basically an electric fire in a box with a fan.
They signed to have every room in the house have one fitted.
They were very expensive to run and the noise from the fan meant they had to turn the TV up loud to hear it.

These sales guys did the old trick of not leaving the house till they had signed up and Mum and Dad were not the sort of people to say, No, get out now.

When I lived with my girlfriend she let a cold call double glazing sales guy in.
All she wanted was a quote for the front door and a small lounge window.
The guy gave her a monthly price to pay it off and told her that they didn't accept full payment only on HP but you did get some cash back after the final payment. Next thing he lowered the monthly cost slightly after checking with his supervisor on the phone.

Next thing the big boss arrived at the door, asked what deal had been made on the monthly price and then told the salesman off for offering such a low price, but said as it had been offered if the contract was signed right away he would honor the discounted price.

Meanwhile I had gone and got a calculator from the kitchen and worked out the actual cost after all the payments and refund cash payment at the end of the contract. The door and windows actual cost was about £8000

My girlfriend had never seen me get annoyed before and was shocked as I threw both the sales guys out.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2018, 04:56 PM

Good on you Swimmy. I'm with EE. I've been with them for almost 20 years (originally Orange) and been paying for two phones every time. one for HWMO and myself.
I was reading a thread that Realist posted on the money saving tips forum called "cheapest PAYG phones", where he informed us ab
out EE's 1p mobile. No contract, you pay 1p for texts, 1p for phone call, 1p for data.

Now HWMO has retired, he never picks up his mobile. He will charge it, leave it on and the next time he looks at it, the battery has gone flat, so this 1p mobile PAYG sounds perfect instead of us paying £40 per month for two mobiles, I am thinking of getting rid of his contract when it comes up for renewal in April, and going onto this 1p mobile where you only have to top it up once every 4 months to ensure you stay on it.

It sounds really good, but I hope EE don't cock things up when I change.
I have looked into it and they say I can keep my same number and I can put Whatsapp onto it. At least, after reading Swimmy's experience, I will be like a terrier if they do.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2018, 08:54 PM

I have been with EE for quite a while.
Very pleased with landline and internet.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 12:15 PM

Hi

An update.

The refund was not paid on time.

Orange said they could not pay it due to Issues with their systems.

I said fine, off we go to to the Ombudsman.

Orange said,if you do that,our offer of Payment is withdrawn.

I said fine, but I have been recording your calls.

The money is now in my account.

They have unfortunately not cancelled my Direct Debit as promised.

When I said I would cancel it, they said they would put a default on my Credit Reference.

My PTSD Nurse was here, Ex Military, heard the conversation.

Orange are now in trouble, big time.

Orange are now part of BT.

He is putting in a complaint under the Disability Discrimination Act.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 12:38 PM

well done swim. I'm glad you got your money.

I have been with Orange since 2000 (PAYG). The original coverage was superb back then but has really suffered since it became EE.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top