Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2018, 01:02 PM

Getting drunk could affect your insurance cover

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42878841

And so it should, I have no sympathy whatsoever for those who put their life in danger by overindulging in alcohol.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2018, 01:09 PM

Re: Getting drunk could affect your insurance cover

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42878841

And so it should, I have no sympathy whatsoever for those who put their life in danger by overindulging in alcohol.
What is "dangerously drunk"?

"overingulging"?

Define, please,.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2018, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
What is "dangerously drunk"?

"overingulging"?

Define, please,.
Overindulging in alcohol is very stupid, if you put yourself in danger, of having an accident if you don't know what you are doing, or damage your health.

I am so grateful my husband and I drink in strict moderation, having never been close to being drunk in the whole of our lives.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2018, 01:44 PM

The small print in policies is ambiguous, even a small amount of alcohol can affect people drastically while others can drink for hours without any problem. Higher premiums and clause to cover this might help.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2018, 01:50 PM

I NEVER drink and drive, not even one small glass.
In fact, I don't even drive the next day after a drink.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2018, 02:01 PM

I must agree that people have to take a level of responsibility for their actions, and if that responsibility is negated by the personal choice of drinking too much then it seems quite reasonable that the responsibility of the insurance company should also be negated for that same reason.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2018, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Overindulging in alcohol is very stupid, if you put yourself in danger, of having an accident if you don't know what you are doing, or damage your health.

I am so grateful my husband and I drink in strict moderation, having never been close to being drunk in the whole of our lives.
You can't get out much then.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2018, 02:40 PM

The most important point is how can insurers decide when an individual has consumed excessive alcohol. The cases
featured were not drink drivers and article says, tourists should not be expected to have been sober to win a claim.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

31-01-2018, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
You can't get out much then.
Thank goodness for that. We have no wish to mix with the sort of people who get inebriated.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2018, 02:42 PM

That's why they allow so many kids in pubs now Tara .... to keep the adults in check.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top