Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 09:26 PM

Bribery ?

I have bought a new chair and was told in the store that I would get £10 off my order if I wrote a review on the internet. But my son says not to do it, as it is bribery.
Curious to know your views
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 09:35 PM

Re: Bribery ?

I'd do it, but that is me, I like to save a buck here and there...
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 09:38 PM

LOL, me too! I can see why one could see it as a form of bribery, but on the other hand, they must have confidence in their furniture, certainly enough to ask you to put a review as to your satisfaction with their product, and here's a tenner for your trouble! Nothing wrong there. Thank you very much for the gift.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 10:04 PM

I'd be doing the review anyway so if they want to pay me for it great !
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 10:28 PM

As with Julie, I would probably place a review anyway. However, if it was a genuine negative review then it would be interesting to see if you receive your 'reward'.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 10:59 PM

I'm a reviewer on Google. Since I have been using Google as a sat nav I get emails from Google asking me to do reviews of places I have been and to post any photos.
I quite like doing it and have given bad reviews when I thought it needed it.

If I buy things or use services on the internet I also get asked to do reviews.

I don't get paid for these but people who search for places on Google or goods from Amazon, Argos can see my reviews.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 11:04 PM

Check the small print !
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 11:16 PM

I'm the same with Google - it's forever asking me to review places and telling me how many people have read my reviews.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Check the small print !
Absolutely, most of these companies want your e-mail address and your inbox will end up being 'choc o block' with junk mail.......or worse!.....Identity theft.....I don't give my e-mail address out to anybody........Well only if I like you....
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 11:41 PM

That's a different kettle of fish! No way would I give my email address to a company. I hate having to even give it to government bodies such as renewing the car tax online, or renewing our passports. I agree that your email should be treated like the crown jewels. I still get bombarded with spam, including disgusting ones from "Sexy Thelma!" which made me look suspiciously at HWMO. but he swears innocence. So where on earth are they getting my email address from? I don't even open them, if it's not from Sainsburys, Tesco or Iceland, they go straight into spam.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top