Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 09:22 AM

I've got a 9:20 G.P appointment

My arms are getting worse: yesterday I dropped the plate of food on which was my tea and this morning needed both hands to carry a cup of coffee.

Also, I can't do basic things like changing a duvet cover. It's so frustrating and It takes me three times as long to dress my top half - it's so hard to put my arms through a sweater or jacket then pull it down properly.

And yesterday I couldn't get out of the bath; I had to twist sideways and maneuver myself into a position where I could grab the taps to lift myself out.

I'm not sure what - if anything - the G. P can do.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 09:37 AM

Re: I've got a 9:20 G.P appointment

I'd hope he'll make a hospital referral for you. Hope all goes well today.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 09:51 AM

Snap I've also got GP appointment at 9.20am this morning, mine is a blood test for a problem with my Liver, Low Blood Count and Aneamic.

I hope your GP finds the problem for you.

Thinking of you today.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
My arms are getting worse: yesterday I dropped the plate of food on which was my tea and this morning needed both hands to carry a cup of coffee.

Also, I can't do basic things like changing a duvet cover. It's so frustrating and It takes me three times as long to dress my top half - it's so hard to put my arms through a sweater or jacket then pull it down properly.

And yesterday I couldn't get out of the bath; I had to twist sideways and maneuver myself into a position where I could grab the taps to lift myself out.

I'm not sure what - if anything - the G. P can do.
Good luck with the GP. But in the meantime I'd recommend a bath lift. I have the chair one that lowers and raises with the remote. As it takes up space it isn't all that ideal for a bath, as you seem to need more water to cover you, but often I sit on it when showering.

I had terrible problems getting out, prior to this, and my new bath doesn't have the grab rails. So I had to take the drastic measure of buying this aid. Fortunately we have a mobility shop not far away, with a Tescos car park next door.

Also my shoulders, which have always troubled me, seem to have worsened since getting the pup, as she pulls me every which way (but I am now adressing that). So now both shoulders are extremely painful, but am reluctant to see a GP. As you say, what can they do??
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 11:21 AM

Thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately, but unsurprisingly, there's not much the doctor can do and I'll have to sit tight and wait this one out 'til my MRI on the 19th of February. As it stands I was lucky to get an MRI scan so soon, but it was the Hematology doctor who referred me.

I do see a physio next Monday, though, and hope she'll be able to help somehow. If this spreads to both arms I can see myself having to go to hospital.

It's only 500 metres to my doctor's surgery but I found I was struggling today, especially with my bag and reaching up to put the key in my front door. At least I'm not in any pain; that usually comes at night but I have codeine for that.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 12:52 PM

Hope they soon get you sorted Ffosse. Sometimes it seems to be one thing after another, I seem to be in that situation too, always wondering what the next day will bring. I do try to get out each day, usually just for a cup of coffee, somehow it makes me feel a bit better.
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 01:07 PM

Ffosse, I had the arm problem after a bad fall. A tear in the tendon of the rotater cuff.

I was sent for rehab therapy, tens machine, ultrasound therapy, and lazer, given exercises, but then frozen shoulder started to set in. Cortisone shot helped with that and now I find that being able to continue with treatment has helped immensely.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 01:24 PM

My poor Dreamy.
I am glad you are not in pain.
But what a worry for me.
Is there no-one that can help you?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

30-01-2018, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Adanac ->
Ffosse, I had the arm problem after a bad fall. A tear in the tendon of the rotater cuff.

I was sent for rehab therapy, tens machine, ultrasound therapy, and lazer, given exercises, but then frozen shoulder started to set in. Cortisone shot helped with that and now I find that being able to continue with treatment has helped immensely.
I'm sure this has to do with a fall I had, too.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

30-01-2018, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
My poor Dreamy.
I am glad you are not in pain.
But what a worry for me.
Is there no-one that can help you?
I would need someone with me 24/7 for all the things I can't do. As it is I'm just going to make the best of it. At least both my legs are fine.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top