Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2018, 09:37 PM

Review of every PIPS claim gets the go ahead.

Just heard on the news that a total of 1.6 million of the main disability benefit claims, (PIPS) will be reviewed, with around 220,000 people expected to receive more money ... Apparently last week, the new Work and Pension Secretary, Esther McVey announced the government would not appeal against the judgement by a court ruling that said changes to PIP were unfair to people with Mental Health conditions/

This is really good news for many.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 09:48 AM

Re: Review of every PIPS claim gets the go ahead.

It is indeed. My b-i-l suffered a stroke a year ago, and was gotten to hospital very quickly., thankfully.
There are no physical signs of the stroke. He is able to walk and talk normally. However, he has to have a life threatening operation involving a twisted vein and two aneurisms.

The stroke has changed him mentally beyond recognition. His short term memory is appalling to the point were my sister is afraid to leave him alone all day while she works. She leaves him a cold lunch because she's terrified he will leave the cooker on.

He applied for PIP and was refused, she appealed on his behalf and was given the mobility element but not the daily living needs, which is what he actually needs. She is currently appealing this too, so maybe after this ruling there maybe some light at the end of the tunnel. He is only 56 years old and his consultant deems his unfit to work and has sent a letter stating his findings and still the assessor has not taken this into consideration.

What a throughly evil, uncaring Tory government we have.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
It is indeed. My b-i-l suffered a stroke a year ago, and was gotten to hospital very quickly., thankfully.
There are no physical signs of the stroke. He is able to walk and talk normally. However, he has to have a life threatening operation involving a twisted vein and two aneurisms.

The stroke has changed him mentally beyond recognition. His short term memory is appalling to the point were my sister is afraid to leave him alone all day while she works. She leaves him a cold lunch because she's terrified he will leave the cooker on.

He applied for PIP and was refused, she appealed on his behalf and was given the mobility element but not the daily living needs, which is what he actually needs. She is currently appealing this too, so maybe after this ruling there maybe some light at the end of the tunnel. He is only 56 years old and his consultant deems his unfit to work and has sent a letter stating his findings and still the assessor has not taken this into consideration.

Haven't I been telling you all that for the past eight years???
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 10:03 AM

My husband has a PIP after the burst aneurysm he suffered in 2006, which has trashed the left side of his brain. I think it right that PIPs should be reviewed to see if the people receiving them still require them.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Exaggeration UJ, you have only been here seven years
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Exaggeration UJ, you have only been here seven years
So you're going to quibble over a matter of a few days - pathetic!!!

What I have said previously is still relevant - this government are a bunch of scumbags!!!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 11:25 AM

If they're scumbags, what does that make the Labour Party?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 11:30 AM

Although i have ben told many times i am entitled to PIP.i have never applied for it,. The horror stories have made me reluctant to put myself in the hands of these government organizations.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
And you think your lot were any better?
Give me a break!

Brown/Blair and his lots screwed up everybody's pensions by withdrawing Billions of pounds in tax relief every year etc etc etc.

-------------

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...Seventies.html

A document published quietly last week shows that Labour’s raid on pensions in 1997 is now costs taxpayers nearly £10bn a year – double the amount Gordon Brown had initially outlined.
The Treasury is able to collect this money because Mr Brown abolished the tax relief pension funds earned on dividends from stock market investment.
The policy, one of Mr Brown’s first as Chancellor, has played a starring role in the collapse of final salary pensions in Britain. In the late Nineties, many of these funds were in surplus – in other words they had more than enough money to meet current and future payments to retired workers.
But that situation lastly only briefly, with rapid increases in life expectancy and a less benign investment leaving many companies facing bulging deficits today. Without the tax credits on dividends, pension funds went into terminal decline, and now just one in 12 staff are in a final salary scheme, according to figures published by the Daily Mail, down from 34pc in 1997.
In reality, Mr Brown’s raid, which has raised nearly £118bn to date, was far from the only government policy to cripple British pensions over the last few decades.

-----------
I could be here all ruddy day giving instances of uncaring Labour Party actions, but I have a day to get on with.
But hey UJ.
That told you now.
Didn't it?!

Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 12:12 PM

You're wasting your breath; he's incorrigible, nasty, splenetic and something of a sexist, "Darlin'"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top