Join for free
Troopie
Adelaide, Australia
Troopie is female  Troopie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2011, 05:47 AM

Have you ever attended a wedding to remember?

I was remembering my son's wedding. Photo session at 9 am. Brides father to p...ed to walk accross road to have pics taken with bride and bridesmaids. Head bridesmaid confused at ceremony, didn't know where to stand etc, cos she didn't attend rehearsal cos she got drunk at party the night before and forgot to come. On way to photo session, brides parent's car swerves into a bottle shop driveway to pickup a couple of slabs of beer while they were cheap! We thought she had passed out and the car had run away with them. My daughter, who had been snubbed as bridesmaid had to fix brides dress etc for photos cos bridesmaids heads were in the gutter disposing of the alcohol they had consumed since 9 am. Very classy. Trip held up cos mother of the groom...me...refused to let the guy driving the wedding car get behind the wheel with my son in the car because he too had his head in the gutter after too much to drink! We had to wait for a replacement driver. I insisted, that or the police! Brides parents still hadn't shown up. Apparently they had stopped at a local for a quick beer........or five! Finally get to the reception...still waiting for her folks to show so bride and groom could cut the cake. Reception finally over. Guests all gone, her parents ranting and raving they aren't leaving because there is half a keg of beer left and they have payed for it so they are staying till it's finished! Bride and groom left earlier to spend wedding night at swank hotel accross the road. A wedding gift from her mum and dad! We get a call from son asking if we can get some money to them accross the road. Her mother's credit card was denied and they have drained every cent they have out of their accounts and haven't enough to pay the hotel bill her mother had generously left them with! GETS BETTER! Brides parents had also booked a room at the hotel so they could get plastered at the reception. That too was knocked back due to insufficient funds! Both too drunk to even find their car let alone drive it, guess where they spent the night????? You got it....on the floor in the wedding suite! Can't help thinking I should have given my son a banjo as a wedding gift so he'll fit in. To this day the thing they find most annoying about the day is that I wouldn't let my son into a car with a drunk driver!
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2011, 09:35 AM

Re: Have you ever attended a wedding to remember?

I went to the wedding of two young friends about 25 years ago - they were gothy punks - one family was Irish Catholic, the other was straight laced middle class WASP.
It was lovely. The young couple insisted on a DIY wedding where everybody made or cooked or did stuff, from the Dress to the refreshments to the bands - one punk, one Ceilidh.
It was a roaring success and I doubt it cost them more than £300. Everyone felt involved, no-one stressed about status, and a great time was had by all.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2011, 10:59 AM

Sounds like a great wedding to me Troopie, better than some of the stuffed up affairs I had to attend, give me a wild party every time, these are the weddings people enjoy and laugh about later, weddings to remember.
telmar
yorkshire uk
telmar is female  telmar has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2011, 04:20 PM

One of the best weddings I've been to was a Jehovah Witness one. All the other guests - over 200 - brought all the food and such a good time was had by everyone. Troopie's wedding sounds great. Maggiexx
telmar
yorkshire uk
telmar is female  telmar has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2011, 04:21 PM

Whoops - sorry - I put my last post in 'bold'
ClaireMarie
Ontario, Canada
ClaireMarie is female  ClaireMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2011, 05:42 PM

My brother and his bride rented out a tour boat and cursed Lake Ramsey (Sudbury, Ont, Canada). Over cast upon boarding, said their 'I dos' out in mid lake, in a thunder storm (with water leaking) and off loaded to a bright sunny afternoon . Reception was a 'pot luck' affair back at their home. Great fun!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2011, 05:49 PM

Yes, ours over 50yrs ago. I remember every minute like it was yesterday, down to finding out after the church ceremony that my shoes still had the price tag on the instep. lol

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top