Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
TheShopKeeper
New Member!
Kent
TheShopKeeper is female 

28-02-2011, 03:33 PM

Bus Lanes

Does anyone else have difficulty with the time restrictions on bus lanes? I’ve just had a mouth full of vile abuse from a driver. He was behind me ready to turn right. As I was going straight ahead I could have gone in the bus lane. But the problem is I never have time to read the restrictions times eg; 7am to 1pm – 4pm to 7pm whilst at the same time look to see what the time is now and of course look were I going.

Can anyone think of a way around this?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2011, 03:59 PM

Re: Bus Lanes

Yes, avoid bus lanes period!!!!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2011, 07:24 PM

Bus lanes are a pain in the .... Half the time they are empty, but you can't go in them and then a bus comes along and nips in front on the inside just as the road narrows and becomes single file again. The bus then stops at every stop and holds you up. Grrrrrrr
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2011, 08:32 PM

Oh Dear, Think I'll pass on this one.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2011, 08:43 PM

Stay out of bus lanes?
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2011, 11:17 PM

RIDE the bus when possible, leave the polluting car in the garage! (Dodges as irate motorists throw things !)
Troopie
Adelaide, Australia
Troopie is female  Troopie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2011, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Bus lanes are a pain in the .... Half the time they are empty, but you can't go in them and then a bus comes along and nips in front on the inside just as the road narrows and becomes single file again. The bus then stops at every stop and holds you up. Grrrrrrr
I know how you feel! Over here buses have right of way no matter what. If you are along side of one and they decide to change into your lane, you are obliged by law to get out of their way....quick. They only have to put on their indicator and they are allowed to change lane, even if you have no where to go.If you hit someone else in the push, it's your fault! They just pull away from the curb and change lanes without even thinking. One did this and hit my son. His car was written off and he ended up in hospital.The bus driver wasn't even breath tested or fined. The cop didn't even take a statement from the driver nor passsengers. It was automatically my sons fault for being in the wrong place at the wrong time! If a truck driver drove like they do he would be locked up! I have never met any one here that has a good thing to say about bus drivers. Frustrated wanna be truckies who couldn't make the grade!
telmar
yorkshire uk
telmar is female  telmar has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2011, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by TheShopKeeper ->
Does anyone else have difficulty with the time restrictions on bus lanes? I’ve just had a mouth full of vile abuse from a driver. He was behind me ready to turn right. As I was going straight ahead I could have gone in the bus lane. But the problem is I never have time to read the restrictions times eg; 7am to 1pm – 4pm to 7pm whilst at the same time look to see what the time is now and of course look were I going.

Hi - dont think there is a way round this - you did the right thing by staying in the lane that you were in - it was up to the bus driver to have patience and wait. It always baffles me why bus lanes have different times on them - some from 7am and some from 8am. I am a carer in peoples' home and have to be here, there and everywhere all times of the day (and night) - so public transport is not an option. Maggie
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2011, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by TheShopKeeper ->

Read the times

In 1999 I was in the Shoreditch one way system and wanted to turn left to Bethnal Green.

Drove down the Bus Lane as the traffic was grid locked but bus lane was free.

Copper on a Motor bike pulled me in. after a lecture from him on bus lanes he gave me a fix penalty ticket of £20 and said I either pay it or could go to court.

Said would see him in court he just snorted.

Got the summons asked way I wanted a Court appearance and told them way, They wrote back stating that i was wrong and I would be prosecuted

Two weeks before Court appearance they wrote to tell me they where not proceeding.

Reason...Bus lane restriction was between 7am to 10am I was nicked at 1.38pm.

Few years later did get nicked £40 for going in a bus lane on a Monday where the restriction was 7am to 7pm Monday to Saturday........Was the 26th of December still had to pay was told Bus lanes do not recognized Public Holidays
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2017, 11:37 AM

Here's another little gem

Who knew galty was a criminal

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top