Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2018, 11:35 AM

I Agree With Trump. Get Tough With The EU On Brexit.

For me Trump has it quite right here.
If he was our Prime Minister instead of May, the EU would be quaking in it's boots.
Instead, they are taking the hiss out of us as Theresa May pussyfoots around with them!
The EU say Ya Boo.
And May has to get to the toilet pretty quick!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reu...eresa-May.html

LONDON, Jan 28 (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump would take a "tougher" approach to Brexit negotiations than Britain's Prime Minister Theresa May, he said in a television interview.
In the interview with British channel ITV, Trump said the European Union was "not cracked up to what it's supposed to be" and claimed he had predicted the result of the June 2016 referendum in which Britons voted to leave the EU. Trump was elected to the U.S. presidency later the same year.

When asked if May was in a "good position" regarding the ongoing Brexit talks, Trump replied: "Would it be the way I negotiate? No, I wouldn't negotiate it the way it's negotiated ... I would have had a different attitude."

Pressed on how his approach would be different, he said: "I would have said the European Union is not cracked up to what it's supposed to be. I would have taken a tougher stand in getting out."

Well said Donald.
Well said!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2018, 11:40 AM

Re: I Agree With Trump. Get Tough With The EU On Brexit.

I agree with him, I think I might need to lie down and recover from typing that
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2018, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
For me Trump has it quite right here.
If he was our Prime Minister instead of May, the EU would be quaking in it's boots.
Instead, they are taking the hiss out of us as Theresa May pussyfoots around with them!
The EU say Ya Boo.
And May has to get to the toilet pretty quick!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reu...eresa-May.html

LONDON, Jan 28 (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump would take a "tougher" approach to Brexit negotiations than Britain's Prime Minister Theresa May, he said in a television interview.
In the interview with British channel ITV, Trump said the European Union was "not cracked up to what it's supposed to be" and claimed he had predicted the result of the June 2016 referendum in which Britons voted to leave the EU. Trump was elected to the U.S. presidency later the same year.

When asked if May was in a "good position" regarding the ongoing Brexit talks, Trump replied: "Would it be the way I negotiate? No, I wouldn't negotiate it the way it's negotiated ... I would have had a different attitude."

Pressed on how his approach would be different, he said: "I would have said the European Union is not cracked up to what it's supposed to be. I would have taken a tougher stand in getting out."

Well said Donald.
Well said!
I 100% agree with what Trump said. Blimey, if I was PM, I would have been tougher. I agree with some things that Trump says but I do wonder if that's all he does - says it. He has said a lot of things but I don't see much getting done so whether he would have done a better job or not, well who knows?
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2018, 11:42 AM

I agree, in fact not only that, but if you ignore some of the rubbish spouted in the media about him and look beyond his irritating behaviour and delivery much of what he says needs to happen in the US is correct and that applies also to the UK.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2018, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
I agree, in fact not only that, but if you ignore some of the rubbish spouted in the media about him and look beyond his irritating behaviour and delivery much of what he says needs to happen in the US is correct and that applies also to the UK.
Well said there Rainmaker.
True, he does have some irritating behaviour but at least he puts the US first.
If Theresa May and all other useless political leaders such as Corbyn and the rest did the same, our country and its citizens would be a lot better for it.

The EU would be trembling like jelly for a start!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2018, 05:20 PM

Brexit is a BIG mistake, one which the UK will regret BIG TIME, imo.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2018, 05:23 PM

Remember all the howls that Obama should mind his own business?
Now you lot are throwing in with a narrow minded stupid bigot but it doesn't surprise me one little bit.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2018, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Remember all the howls that Obama should mind his own business?
Now you lot are throwing in with a narrow minded stupid bigot but it doesn't surprise me one little bit.
Obama sticking his conk in was a publicity stunt organised by Camoron which went horribly wrong.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2018, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Brexit is a BIG mistake, one which the UK will regret BIG TIME, imo.
Never heard that one before!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2018, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Obama sticking his conk in was a publicity stunt organised by Camoron which went horribly wrong.

And just what do you think the evil witch was doing cuddling up to nellie the hephalump in Davos??? Was that not a publicity stunt???

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top