Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Elbee
Chichester
Elbee is male  Elbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2011, 10:46 AM

Sausages & saturated fat!

Next time you look to buy suagages check out the saturated fat content! Thats the BAD FAT that kills you!

Four sausages is your TOTAL DAILY satuarted fat allowance.

I was recently diagnosed with high cholestral and have given up sausgages completely.

They should have a goverment health warning!

Cigarettes are less damaging to your health!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2011, 11:00 AM

Re: Sausages & saturated fat!

All things in moderation Elbee.
I very rarely eat more than four sausages at a sitting, and these days I only ever smoke if my ironing goes awry...
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2011, 11:18 AM

I always stick to the local butchers sausages, which are herby Lincolnshire ones, the real deal, not them supermarket ripoffs. Here in Lincolnshire,we're trying to get them protected status, just like Cornish Pasties,Melton Mowbray Pork Pies, food thats produced in a authentic area. I could'nt give up my sausages, rather give up drinking or sex!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2011, 12:49 PM

I don't eat sausages and I don't smoke so I must be doing something right!
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2011, 12:57 PM

I only eat our butchers home produced ones. I cant touch anything that swims in fat & grease and has a consistency of cat food yukkkkk!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2011, 02:33 PM

I don't think eating sausages is quite as harmful as smoking Elbee, but I don't like sausages or burgers of any type. I like to be able to identify the meat I eat and if the meat is good quality, then why spoil it by mincing it up and adding things like rusk and stuff. I view all sausages and burgers with suspicion.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2011, 02:54 PM

I'm like that, can't stand to eat any foods mixed up together but that's just me. So sausages are definitely out.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2011, 05:53 PM

I never acquired a taste for sausages; learned at an early age how they were made.........
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2011, 08:45 PM

Is it the sausages? Or is it the bacon, fried bread, black pudding and fried eggs they go with?
Elbee
Chichester
Elbee is male  Elbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2011, 08:57 AM

Sat fat in three rashers of bacon = 1 sausgage. You choose!

sausages are lovely but it is the sat fat that gives them the taste.

Loose sausages from the butcher are probably the worst you can get! No labelling so who knows how much sat fat and other "waste" they puit in them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top