Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 01:24 PM

Big Garden Birdwatch.

Its the Big Garden Birdwatch this weekend ( RSPB ) so i wonder how many will participate.

It wil be interesting to see what everyone gets in their gardens.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 02:01 PM

Re: Big Garden Birdwatch.

Heck ! Forgot all about it.
Having done it for the last two years I was looking forward to it again. Thanks for the reminder Nom, as I think it can be done online.
It does show up some surprising results..
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 03:15 PM

I know exactly what will be in my garden this weekend. Seven crows, two woodies, two blue tits a Robin and numerous sparrows. It's the same every day.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 03:28 PM

I will be taking part for the first time this year, Nom. Since I lost my cat, I've added three bird feeders to my garden last year, I'm getting numerous feathered visitors, mostly sparrows.

I have downloaded the pack and am ready to go
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 05:17 PM

It has been so wet all day here there are hardly any birds around except my disabled blackbird which has a damaged wing and has been in the garden for over 2 years. I give it a bit of my porridge every day .

Last week there was a sparrow hawk sitting on the fence, made me shudder and a pair of green woodpeckers .
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 05:20 PM

I always participate in doing it every year.
We have so many birds in our garden, all year residents.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2018, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
It has been so wet all day here there are hardly any birds around except my disabled blackbird which has a damaged wing and has been in the garden for over 2 years. I give it a bit of my porridge every day .

Last week there was a sparrow hawk sitting on the fence, made me shudder and a pair of green woodpeckers .
Same here .
I usually do it but a scarcity of birds this year .
I saw a bedraggled buzzard sitting on a nearby wall maybe that's why .
Today I saw a little wren in among the undergrowth.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2018, 10:08 AM

Just seen my lame rook out feeding .
Was so pleased I hadn't seen him for a while but he looks fine
He's easy to recognise because apart from being lame he is large with quite q lot of white feathers -some rooks do .
Just looked it up they are called leucistic.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1392.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	5020  
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2018, 12:36 PM

It's a shame the RSPB can't allow us to submit the results without signing up.
I did that with the butterfly count and now receive lots of emails from them and requests for money obviously.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2018, 12:50 PM

Don't know what's happened to their website, they keep expecting me to supply the same details again and again, I can't even get on to the bit where I tell them what I've seen. Waste of effort.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top