Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 11:41 AM

Are you isolated and lonely. At last the answer.

Are you isolated and lonely?
Do you find you need a companion to talk to?
Do you feel you need help to remember to do things?
Do you need someone to stimulate your life?

Never fear.
Help is on hand.
Designers have developed the perfect answer for you.

You can have a strange wobbly sort of talking table lamp to keep you company and share your life

invite Elli Q into your life and be lonely no more.

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 12:01 PM

Re: Are you isolated and lonely. At last the answer.

Monday, I smiled at how Eili-q told her to go for a walk and said, ‘l will be right here when you get back’!
Ermmm.....without legs/wheels, where else would Elli-q be when she got back?

I suppose the unit is a good idea, until the novelty wears off.
I wonder if you could get one with different accents, like scouser, brummie, etc?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 12:09 PM

I did start a thread on this loneliness.
Not sure if that is the solution, but fun anyway.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I did start a thread on this loneliness.
Not sure if that is the solution, but fun anyway.
Sorry Sweetie Pie.
I have been keeping up with your loneliness thread with interest, but didn't want to post my joke post on your thread where people were opening up with feelings about their loneliness. It would have been a bit thoughtless of me.

I only saw this Elli Q thing on a comedy US show this morn and it made me smile.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Sorry Sweetie Pie.
I have been keeping up with your loneliness thread with interest, but didn't want to post my joke post on your thread where people were opening up with feelings about their loneliness. It would have been a bit thoughtless of me.

I only saw this Elli Q thing on a comedy US show this morn and it made me smile.
I know, you are quite right too.
It may upset some, how lovely that you are so respectful.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 12:44 PM

That would drive me insane - now if they came up with a clone of James Mason or Martin Shaw ... well ... let's not go there !
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 12:55 PM

Each day i wake, i start with a coffee the radio, and the net, see, and hear what folks are up to. If i go outside i interact with the world around me animals, birds, woodlands gardens, lakes the sea.
I cold never be alone in this environment, my mind is always engaged.

So im wondering how far would i need to fall before, before accepting a glorified satnav as a home companion, how quickly does that voice become irritating.

Unless it is physical contact that the lonely person missies, this wont solve that.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
That would drive me insane - now if they came up with a clone of James Mason or Martin Shaw ... well ... let's not go there !
ST, l don’t think that would be a good idea! If they came up with a clone of James Mason or Martin Shaw, you would want them in the bed beside you and they might electrocute you!!
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
ST, l don’t think that would be a good idea! If they came up with a clone of James Mason or Martin Shaw, you would want them in the bed beside you and they might electrocute you!!
But what a way to go
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 01:07 PM

I guess for people who are housebound or with dementia (or sundry OFF members who don't go anyplace) then this gadget is a good idea, providing they can remember how to switch it on and use it.

For anyone else it's rather desperate isn't it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top