Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2018, 05:10 PM

French blockade

Yes they are doing it yet again, blocking the channel port in protest against electric fishing nets used by other countries.

So yet again we have to suffer with lorry parks etc.

I must remember to not say anything against the French

They are such nice people
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2018, 05:17 PM

Re: French blockade

Hi

Electric trawling is appalling.

However the French Fishermen should have blockaded Dutch Ports as it is only the Dutch who are using it.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2018, 05:21 PM

At least they have the guts to do it,not like our lot who bleat about the EU all the time.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2018, 05:29 PM

It's a pity the French fishermen and air traffic controllers are not employed by border control.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2018, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
At least they have the guts to do it,not like our lot who bleat about the EU all the time.
I'm not a lover of the French, but at least they will actually get together and protest when they feel they're getting fekked about.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2018, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
I'm not a lover of the French, but at least they will actually get together and protest when they feel they're getting fekked about.
That's true and they normally get their way.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 09:58 PM

Yes. indeed they do. This form of fishing is wicked. Apparently the Dutch tie electrodes to the bottom of their nets which sends pulses all around and stun the fish. but, don't expect any respect for the French Fishermen from me. Their response to the UK taking back our fishing grounds for the 200 miles surrounding us when we leave the EU?
"Well. you may own the 20 -mile zone, but you don't own the sea, so there is nothing to stop us catching most of the smaller fish stocks heading your way."

This, from the French, who are the first to always bleat about sustainable fishing. Spiteful, petty gits. They can ruddy well pay for the privilege of fishing in our waters, instead of robbing the English and Scottish fishermen of their industry. The Dutch take a quarter of our entire quota at present.
Let those beggars pay too. And that gobby Irish Premier, who is bleating that it will decimate the Irish Fishing Industry. Tough titty matey, you chose the EU instead of siding with us. Now you can pay to fish in our waters.

Rant over.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Yes. indeed they do. This form of fishing is wicked. Apparently the Dutch tie electrodes to the bottom of their nets which sends pulses all around and stun the fish. but, don't expect any respect for the French Fishermen from me. Their response to the UK taking back our fishing grounds for the 200 miles surrounding us when we leave the EU?
"Well. you may own the 20 -mile zone, but you don't own the sea, so there is nothing to stop us catching most of the smaller fish stocks heading your way."

This, from the French, who are the first to always bleat about sustainable fishing. Spiteful, petty gits. They can ruddy well pay for the privilege of fishing in our waters, instead of robbing the English and Scottish fishermen of their industry. The Dutch take a quarter of our entire quota at present.
Let those beggars pay too. And that gobby Irish Premier, who is bleating that it will decimate the Irish Fishing Industry. Tough titty matey, you chose the EU instead of siding with us. Now you can pay to fish in our waters.

Rant over.
And a bloody brilliant rant it was.
10/10 Gal.........

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top