Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 11:47 AM

Boris and the NHS

Hi

Boris is at it again.

He is demanding that at a Brexit Bonus is paid to the NHS.

This is nothing to do with the NHS, it is to save his Political Ambitions to be the next Prime Minister.

Before Brexit, he did nothing for the NHS Funding.

Then he got on the bandwagon, with his Battlebus.

We pay the EU £350 million a week, let's spend it on the NHS.

That was an outright lie and fair play to Nigel Farage, who debunked it straight away.

Until the deal is finalised we have no idea at all if there will be any Brexit Financial Bonus.

Boris loudly trumpeted we can have have our cake and eat it.

He has been soundly kicked into touch for that as well.

A No Deal will leave the UK with an £ 8 Billion deficit on our Taxes from Services, one country, a big hit.

A No Deal will cost the EU much more, around £23 Billion, but that is split between 27 Countries.

Who is he kidding?
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 11:53 AM

Re: Boris and the NHS

Not another I hate Boris topic for God's sake.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 11:53 AM

I was thinking about this after listening to radio last night, question was posed would we be better with Boris as pm. I looked at what tm has managed to do and how charismatic Boris is and sadly came to the conclusion he'd make a better pm. As a leaver I'd feel happier if he was in charge at the moment too.

I think he's serious about the money for the NHS too, so I'd give him a chance to find it.

The money we paid onto Eu will have to be used some how, personally I'd rather it was used to fund social and mental care than many of the current things it does.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I was thinking about this after listening to radio last night, question was posed would we be better with Boris as pm. I looked at what tm has managed to do and how charismatic Boris is and sadly came to the conclusion he'd make a better pm. As a leaver I'd feel happier if he was in charge at the moment too.

I think he's serious about the money for the NHS too, so I'd give him a chance to find it.

The money we paid onto Eu will have to be used some how, personally I'd rather it was used to fund social and mental care than many of the current things it does.
I agree Julie!

Also, if my memory serves me right, I think the BUS did have a statement saying how much we pay to Europe, but I'm pretty sure (correct me if I'm wrong) that it did NOT say that all of what we saved would go to the NHS.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 12:52 PM

Hi

We are leaving the EU, that is good.

False promises are not.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->

Sorry Julie cannot agree with you on that one. Boris maybe charismatic but I would rather we had a PM with some brains.
Donald Trump is charismatic and I certainly would not want him as PM.

The problem is that there doesn't appear to be a person at the moment who would make a good PM. In fact many times on this forum posters have said we need a new political system or party as the old parties seem to have gone stale.
Maybe we need a thread on suggestions how to reform politics or what posters would like to see in a new political party.

As for the NHS, there are cuts being made everywhere, police, military, social care, housing, education where is all this saved money going.
It looks as if we are in for more austerity, for the poor, sick and old the hardest hit yet again, leading up to and after brexit so I don't see that there will be any EU savings for anything.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I agree Julie!

Also, if my memory serves me right, I think the BUS did have a statement saying how much we pay to Europe, but I'm pretty sure (correct me if I'm wrong) that it did NOT say that all of what we saved would go to the NHS.
"We send the EU £350 million every week. Let's fund our NHS instead"
Seems pretty strait forward to me but you want to spin it now for your own agenda.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I agree Julie!

I agree Ted it is down to interpretation. If I had a pay rise I might say 'good that is more to spend on heating' but it wouldn't mean I would spend it all on heating.

Boris may be prone to the odd silly comment but I can cope with that I think at least he has the good of the country at heart and that can't be said of all politicians .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I agree Ted it is down to interpretation. If I had a pay rise I might say 'good that is more to spend on heating' but it wouldn't mean I would spend it all on heating.

Boris may be prone to the odd silly comment but I can cope with that I think at least he has the good of the country at heart and that can't be said of all politicians .
I agree Meg, I'm not a Tory so I'm not in the race as it were but looking from the outside in I think we need someone like him at the helm.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

24-01-2018, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
"We send the EU £350 million every week. Let's fund our NHS instead"
Seems pretty strait forward to me but you want to spin it now for your own agenda.
Hi

Spot on Purwell.

We have never sent the EU £350 Million a week.

That was an outright lie.

Spending it all on the NHS would mean no more money to Regional Development Funds etc,

It also assumes that we would still have access to the Single Market, which we will not have.

That is a financial hit which he claimed would not happen.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top