Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 08:18 PM

Most of us are living longer, but do we really want to ? I have heard so many 'older' folk say "Ive had enough ".Its fine as long as you have reasonable health,but if one is in constant pain/poor health its a daily grind
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 08:28 PM

Re: Age

Hi

I have a plan.

I am not going into a Nursing Home.

I will not be killing myself

I will be taking on some who are a real danger to us.

A good way to go.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 08:34 PM

Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 08:37 PM

Depends upon whether you have good health or not; I suspect those who are reasonably healthy would want to live as long as possible.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Most of us are living longer, but do we really want to ? I have heard so many 'older' folk say "Ive had enough ".Its fine as long as you have reasonable health,but if one is in constant pain/poor health its a daily grind
Obviously when someone's number is well and truly up, it's best for a quick clean death. Rather than things getting very messy, unnecessarily painful and dragged out.

Putting them out of their misery, so to speak.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 09:48 PM

Just Go Man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYCwIxdSRQs
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 10:07 PM

It is years since I had a daily grind, actually I don't think even then I managed it daily.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 10:09 PM

Strange, but I sometimes think it would be better if I went before He who must obey as since my last couple of health scares, he does so much for me it makes me feel terribly guilty. Some things I can manage quite easily but he does so much that he doesn't need to do, treats me like a china doll half the time and spoils me dreadfully.
I would be so lost without him.

I would just like to add that I have so much respect and am in awe of Widows and Widowers who must miss their other half so much, yet they have no choice but to carry on, get up every morning and get through the day.
Sometimes I sit here and think I would like to gather every single last one of them and give them a hug for their strength and bravery.
The thought of having to go through the same,scares the bejabers out of me more than my own demise., hence even though I don't like to dwell on such thoughts, I think it's best I go first.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Strange, but I sometimes think it would be better if I went before He who must obey as since my last couple of health scares, he does so much for me it makes me feel terribly guilty. Some things I can manage quite easily but he does so much that he doesn't need to do, treats me like a china doll half the time and spoils me dreadfully.
I would be so lost without him.

I would just like to add that I have so much respect and am in awe of Widows and Widowers who must miss their other half so much, yet they have no choice but to carry on, get up every morning and get through the day.
Sometimes I sit here and think I would like to gather every single last one of them and give them a hug for their strength and bravery.
The thought of having to go through the same,scares the bejabers out of me more than my own demise., hence even though I don't like to dwell on such thoughts, I think it's best I go first.
I think it's a case of not having any choice, it's something that needs to be done.

It seems to be that a greater number of wives and partners are starting pre-decease their spouses as they become susceptible to life's ills. Myself included, there are five widowers in a radius off 100 yards from my house. The difference I think in my generation is that we men can by and large look after ourselves in contrast to my dad's generation - he couldn't even boil water properly.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 10:37 PM

I know this is true Judd. There are quite a few Widowers in my street and they are such a resilient lot. I know He who must obey would be quite capable of most things like cooking, cleaning, washing, drying, and perhaps even ironing if he had to. When I was taken to hospital over the Christmas period for three weeks a couple of years ago, he had the most dreadful flu, was being sick in the toilet, turned and tripped, and pulled a muscle in his leg. Of course he couldn't visit me with being so ill, so I knew nothing about his leg injury as he told no-one! it was only when family members saw him hobbling through the kitchen to unlock the back door for them, looking like death warmed up, that he received all the TLC that soon got him on his feet again. Brave Soul.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top