Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 09:57 PM

Silly Me

I went to the library today checked 2 books in OK but the 3rd book would not register,I called the librarian and she tried to book it in,then she opened it up to find it wasnt a library book after all,so of course would register,silly me
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 10:49 PM

Re: Silly Me

What was it?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
What was it?
That's what I was wondering.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 12:48 AM

Ha, bet you felt embarrassed Deylon.

I popped into my library earlier this week, they usually have bus timetables in there. They had all disappeared.
When I asked the lady if she still had some, she said they have to keep them behind their counter now as people nick them all otherwise.

I thought about this going home. Isn't that what free bus timetables are there for, for the public to take one?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

I popped into my library earlier this week, they usually have bus timetables in there. They had all disappeared.
When I asked the lady if she still had some, she said they have to keep them behind their counter now as people nick them all otherwise.

I thought about this going home. Isn't that what free bus timetables are there for, for the public to take one?
Our local bus company charges 50c for a timetable so it is cheaper to download it and print your own.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 11:49 AM

Deylon, have done the same.

Also tried to check out books with a Visa card one time, both cards are the same colour.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

20-01-2018, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Adanac ->
Deylon, have done the same.

Also tried to check out books with a Visa card one time, both cards are the same colour.

I have done the opposite, tried paying for my shopping with my library card.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 12:34 PM

My embarrassing admission is I tried to draw money out of Sainsbury's ATM by inserting my Nectar Card After spitting my card out several times saying card not recognised, I realised what I had done

Thank goodness no-one was queueing behind me
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 12:39 PM

It is embarrassing when that happens, all those in line behind think that you had to use another card because the one you were trying to use had no funds in it. Red face time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top