Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2011, 04:01 AM

Wolf

I hate outdoor photos at the zoo on bright sunny days. Still, I got some good exercise and got to talk with another photographer I met there so it wasn't the worst of days. I managed a snapshot of one of the wolves.

Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2011, 08:01 AM

Re: Wolf

That is a beatiful picture Bob, I wonder what it is thinking?
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2011, 09:00 AM

I don't know but he did seem to be deep in thought. There were three wolves in the habitat area. The other two were black and a deep chocolate brown. They were quite actively running around the area. Only this grey lay there in a peaceful state.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2011, 11:21 AM

Lovely old fellow and beautiful photo Bob - I just wish he wasn't captive in a zoo - It doesn't seem right to me and he's probably been there for all or the best part of his life - very sad
bobmielke
Portland, OR

20-02-2011, 11:26 AM

I can sympathize with your feelings but how many people have ever seen a wolf/lion/elephant etc. in person. Zoo animals are well cared for although admittedly they're not free. I don't know what the right answer is on captive animals to be honest about it.

This could be a heated debate for some but I hope it doesn't get to that. A question I've always had is whether an animal is born in captivity and has never roamed free is a wild animal. I certainly would never test a lion's tameness up close & personal.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2011, 11:47 AM

I believe a naturally wild animal born in captivity is still a wild animal. Not all zoo animals are well cared for or kept in appropriate situations Bob and I do have strong feelings about zoos, but I would not wish to spoil the pleasure of your photographs. I will not turn your post into a debate, heated or not.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2011, 12:32 PM

Beautiful photo Bob, I hope you weren't as close as it looks to that wolf
bobmielke
Portland, OR

20-02-2011, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I believe a naturally wild animal born in captivity is still a wild animal. Not all zoo animals are well cared for or kept in appropriate situations Bob and I do have strong feelings about zoos, but I would not wish to spoil the pleasure of your photographs. I will not turn your post into a debate, heated or not.
Thank you. I've been through that one before on YOP.
bobmielke
Portland, OR

20-02-2011, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Beautiful photo Bob, I hope you weren't as close as it looks to that wolf
Actually I was about 40 feet away behind a fence with a plexiglas wall.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2011, 07:42 PM

Lovely shot Bob. I have never seen a real wolf, either in the wild or in a zoo, there are none in the Dublin zoo as far as I can remember. Thanks for showing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top