Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 08:28 PM

strange phone call

When Sue and I owned a kennels and cattery I took what I considered an odd phone call. it was from the Performing Rights Society demanding to know if we broadcast music on or premises. That would be ,so they said, via a radio or piped music. If we did then we would have to pay then a fee.

I politely. with a smirk on my face, asked it the animals boarding with us would have to contribute as well. The general public we did not allowed anywhere near the kennels or cattery except on business

"What do you mean" This idiot asked.

I had to explain we boarded animals not people and playing the radios to them helped them keep calm.

I just can't understand why that "pratt" suddenly put the phone down
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 08:48 PM

Re: strange phone call

When we ran the local village hall we came upon many odd rules and regulations regarding all sorts of things. It was a joke IMO many laws need tidying up or even scrapping.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 07:49 AM

Re: strange phone call

You should have told them you only broadcasted "The Carnival of the Animals", for therapeutic reasons.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top