Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2011, 07:55 AM

Therapeutic Thursday

Good morning everyone

A visit to Silverdale is on the cards for today, a walk along the shore from the center of Silverdale to Jenny Brown's point and back, this time of the year it is realativly free of tourists and walking there is so therapeutic.

Lunch in some local establishment and then home to prepare for visitors tonight.

Have a great day everyone and dont forget who needs a hug today.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2011, 09:08 AM

Re: Therapeutic Thursday

Hello everyone from an overcast and cold Sherwood. Good news this morning as it appears the plans to sell the forests have been halted. Not too many details yet but we feel quite cock a hoop at the news. Nothing much planned apart from digging out some more roots in the garden and giving Zack another quiet day before his nose X-rays and tests tomorrow.

Have a smashing day and take care of yourselves..

Barry
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2011, 11:08 AM

What would Sherwood Forest be without the forest? I think I'll start a thread on the importance of maintaining our natural resources for future generations. You folks on this forum inspire me and remind me of how fortunate I am to live in Oregon. Keep fighting Plantman.

My next question is what the heck am I doing up at 2 in the morning. This life of retirement does weird things to my sleep habits. I must admit it's really quiet in my apartment house. Maybe I should pull the fire alarm............ NOT. LOL

Have a great day all! Maybe I'll get lucky again today and get some more of the beautiful snow we got yesterday. I've never seen snowflakes the size of potato chips before. It was cool!

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2011, 01:30 PM

Hello OFF'ers

Not a bad day here, dry and the sun is breaking through.

There is a pneumatic drill thumping away out the front, they are digging up exactly the same spot they dug up two weeks ago! I wonder if it's case of not doing the job properly the first time!

Have a good day all, what ever you are doing!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2011, 05:55 PM

Hi, people! Enjoying a mini-thaw here: sunny, 13 C (54 F), may make 19 C this afternoon, delightful! May even have the porch door open and not have to play doorman to Madame! Have been browsing on Amazon in the free/low cost book selection and have just gotten 2 interesting sounding psychological suspense novels for the Kindle ... it's addictive! No other news..

Barry, sell the forest? Am I mistaken, thought the forests belonged to the Crown.....??? Regardless, a horrible idea! Preserve and protect our forests!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2011, 07:02 PM

It's a long story Eileen, but the government only own around 17% of the forests that are left, with much being in private hands. I love the forests so I joined in the national protest and wow, the government caved in on the idea. Good news all round for anyone that cares for the woodlands and think they should continue to belong to everyone, for the benefit of everyone. Great news indeed!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2011, 11:37 PM

Made the most of a lovely day....two walks, morning and afternoon, and in between bit of tidying in the garden....spring is definitely on its way-daffodil buds have arrived, tulip bulbs are doing well and most of the bushes are now showing growth....just need a bit of warmth now...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top