Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 04:54 PM

MP's answer to the problem of disposable coffee cups...

...Stick 25p on the cost.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42564948

Apparently, disposable cups can be recycled but there are only three facilities in the UK capable of doing it.

So are MPs asking for more investment in recycling plants? -No.

Are they demanding that manufacturers come up with a new material that can easily be recycled? No.

Once again, the onus falls on the customer who has to fork out more money or carry one of those useless 'Buddy' thingys if they wish to buy a take away coffee.

Of course the City folk will just pay the extra so the government will rake in the tax but the amount of waste will remain the same.

I love my coffees but I will not be paying the extra tax.

Maybe MPs could do something about the ton of crap circulars that gets stuffed through my letter box each week, or all that wasted paper that falls out of our newspapers.

Rant over!
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 05:23 PM

Re: MP's answer to the problem of disposable coffee cups...

I wonder if Starbucks will do their customers a service and get their dodgey book keepers to fix it so that the 25p is not paid by its customers.
After all those book keepers have been working it so Starbucks never pay corporation tax whilst making millions every year
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
I wonder if Starbucks will do their customers a service and get their dodgey book keepers to fix it so that the 25p is not paid by its customers.
After all those book keepers have been working it so Starbucks never pay corporation tax whilst making millions every year
Good point Longfellow.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 05:26 PM

I think pret have offered money back if you take in your own cup that sounds like a better idea.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

05-01-2018, 05:26 PM

No doubt take away food will be next on the hit list. I suppose we will have to take our own plates.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

05-01-2018, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I think pret have offered money back if you take in your own cup that sounds like a better idea.
Yes and that's fine if you want to take a cup everywhere you go.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Yes and that's fine if you want to take a cup everywhere you go.
You can get collapsible cups they don't take up much room, it's little different to having to take your own bags for shopping I'd have thought.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

05-01-2018, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
You can get collapsible cups they don't take up much room, it's little different to having to take your own bags for shopping I'd have thought.
Don't get me started on that.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

05-01-2018, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Don't get me started on that.
I thought that at first but it's second nature now, I've a boot full of shopping bags and two in my hand bag.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 05:59 PM

Doesn't bother me if they put £1 on each mug towards recycling. I don't buy exorbitantly priced bitter brown liquid with froth on top in a cardboard mug lined with plastic .

I get sick of seeing the mugs thrown about all over the place, why do people suddenly have carry drinks about all the time .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top