Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 11:56 PM

BUPA health survey

According to a survey BUPA did of 2,000 people , nearly three quarters of adults worry about their partners health.

Their biggest concerns for their partners are - stress, lack of sleep and exercise, and niggling ailments.
One in three people admitted they regualrly urged their parnter to change their lifestyle, to no avail.

A Doctor from BUPA said: "Research shows people put more focus on their loved ones health, than they do their own."

Do you think this is probably true? Do you worry about your partner's health more than your own?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 10:23 AM

Re: BUPA health survey

My ex was a workaholic , 6 days a week 4am till 7pm , my biggest concern was fear of a heart attack ( self employed haulier ) he had no time for a life outside of work , 2 years after I left he had the heart attack and lost his business . Never listened you see . Sometimes we have to look after our self's first
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 10:27 AM

That's sad Susan. Sometimes I think other people can see the potential damage looming before than the person themselves does.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 05:17 PM

Definitely true Mups. I get really stressed when Mrs LDs won't go the doctors but I am exactly the same.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 05:32 PM

It's true here I worry constantly about my husbands 4am starts and how hard he works, and he worries about me working when I probably am not fit enough to do so. We both urge each other to change but at end of the day we carry on as usual.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 05:35 PM

Maybe it's because we know how we feel in our own body but not for someone else.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

05-01-2018, 06:22 PM

My son worries me, too.
He works in car factory and they keep changing his shift every week.
He does 6am - 2pm one week, then 2 - 10pm, then the third week he does 10pm - 6am.
I always think constantly changing shifts are dangerous to your health.
He looks white as a sheet sometimes.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
My son worries me, too.
He works in car factory and they keep changing his shift every week.
He does 6am - 2pm one week, then 2 - 10pm, then the third week he does 10pm - 6am.
I always think constantly changing shifts are dangerous to your health.
He looks white as a sheet sometimes.
My husband used to work those shifts and hated them. He left that factory and then worked permanent night shifts elsewhere for over thirty years. Shift work definitely took a toll on his health, he's still working-age but after suffering serious illness it's highly likely he'll never work again.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top