Join for free
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 01:06 PM

Baby's Skull Cut in C Section

Hospital apologises after baby's skull cut in C-section

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-42553147

What is happening in this country ?

Time after time we are reading these terrible happenings within the health service. I don't for one minute think this sort of error is due to funding it happened in 2013. It's down to personal error and failure with procedures.

How very sad. An apology makes no difference , nothing will, and it's taken all that long drawn out, painful, time. !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 01:14 PM

Re: Baby's Skull Cut in C Section

Appalling. Trouble is when my mil was killed in hospital it quickly became apparent the supposedly neutral court we attended was set up to protect the hospital and anything we had to say was just dismissed as emotion or not relevant.

How the anaesthetic chap was speaking a completely different language to the surgeon and neither spoke the language of the nurses was a huge part in why it happened. But that was racist to mention much easier to dismiss us all as nutters and let them carry on putting people in danger.

A simple sorry was all we wanted and acceptance they did wrong. But they all closed ranks.

We found out afterwards the judge was a big important man on the hospital board ! He personally knew the men that did it.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 05:08 PM

Julie, I am sorry but I have not been here on OFF for long enough to know of all your sadness.

Whatever you have experienced sounds dreadful and yes, they do close ranks in so many instances , which increases the terrible trauma and strain on so many.

I am very sorry for all your pain and heartache too.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 05:21 PM

Thank you that was a while ago but it is obviously still happening as your post says. It's unbelievable how they close ranks rather than learn from mistakes.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top