Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 07:01 AM

Good morning Wednesday

Good morning everyone, a blowy old night here and a blowy old day forecast so we'll probably walk the fields today instead of the woods.

A good friend of mine died of cancer on Monday so I have the sad job of visiting his widow later to offer my condolences, nothing else on my agenda today.

Have a good day folks.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 07:07 AM

Re: Good morning Wednesday

Good morning everybody.

I'm sorry about your friend Barry.

Grrr I'm awake at an unearthly hour again. I so wish I could sleep for more than five hours.
I'm going to try & get my head down for a while longer when I've had a hot drink.

Have a good day all.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 08:01 AM

Good morning all.

It was gale force winds and rain last night, still windy this morning, the wind knocked over my concrete water fountain.

Got Blood Test this morning then my weekly shopping to do.

Sorry to hear about your friends death Barry.

Carol, what time do you call ghastly hour? I was up at 5.45am, Coco had my up 3 times in the night and my Husband got up 2 times with her, so no sleep in this House.

Have a nice day all.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 08:57 AM

Hi

Not the best of days yesterday, had two minor procedures on my eye, now the wait to see if they have worked, 3 months before I go back and if successful, on the wait for a corneal graft.

It was manic at the hospital yesterday, a two and a half hour wait for patient transport home and then one road shut, presumably a tree down and then a flood on another.

My eye is very painful and weeping and Guy has a had bit of a relapse as well.

A day in today, resting up, for both of us.

To cap it, the door latch between the kitchen and utility room has broken, so have to go outside round the house to get from one to another.

The garden is a mess, obelisks and trellis down and more wind forecast, but that can wait.

Have a good day all.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 09:28 AM

Morning all.

Barry, sorry to hear about your friend.

Swim, hope you and Guy have a restful day, and get well soon.

My hot water pump is working again, of its own accord, so I am now in a quandary. I have already cleared out the cupboard, and booked the plumber to visit, (that's why it's working again, hah hah), so not sure whether to cancel the plumber and hope for the best? Could save me a few bob, and get me sorting out the crap that's in there. I'm sure I don't need half of the stuff.
Granny J
Hampshire
Granny J is female 

03-01-2018, 09:45 AM

Morning all,
Barry, I'm sorry about your friend.
Another blustery night here too, but it's died down a bit now.
I was up twice in the night, awake and reading at 4 something, so am still half asleep.
supermarket shopping for me today, put off from Monday when Aldi where I like to go was closed.
Jazzi, I'm glad your hot water pump is working again, hope it stays that way.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 09:56 AM

not a very good start to the morning
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 10:16 AM

A night of high winds and everything rattling about. Still windy now, but it never seems quite so scary in daylight when you can see what's happening.

I believe we're in for a few days of this, so hope you all escape without too much damage.

Another job to add to your list Realspeed.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 10:37 AM

A bit windy here but not too bad, being in the bottom of the valley we are a bit sheltered.

Sorry to hear you are still unwell swims and for your loss Barry there seems such a lot of illness around right now

Im off to the sales later with a pal, hopefully i will make it home safely

Have a good day all
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 10:51 AM

Good morning everyone still wild and windy here .
I was scared to go down the lane under the trees in the high wind, they creak and groan and branches often break off. I can imagine a branch falling on me.
So I had to wade through the mud in the field instead and Chloe was plastered.

Sorry to hear about your friend Barry
Swimmy at least you got the operation completed, it looks like most operations are at a standstill for a while .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top