Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
oldfool
london
oldfool is male  oldfool has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2017, 09:05 AM

shop lifting

shop lifting 28.12.17

it has taken time
bill gets my bless
this is the start of crime
don't kid yourself its victimless.
anyone can fill up a bag
you play the card that's recycle
walk with confidence don't sag
like the fonzie as cool as a icicle.
super stores lost vocal
like my poetry nemesis
opening everywhere local
big mistake was no security on premises.
now the crack down
will the change pinch
shop security is dyer in every town
the pre warnings is why no flinch.

( to be objective i will leave a link to the opposite side https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/86...riminal-damage )
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2017, 09:39 AM

Re: shop lifting

Sadly not enough staff.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2017, 10:23 AM

They put too much in temptations way too, and make it far too easy to shoplift. Shops have to make it harder.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2017, 12:28 PM

Just before Christmas I was in town and desperately thirsty so nipped into the shop/post office and picked a bottle out of the fridge and stood near the counter to get served with the bottle in my hand.
My mobile started ringing and because I was waiting for an important call took my phone out of my pocket and without thinking, walked the five paces out through the shop door and stood very close to the door but outside.

It was only a short call and I turned round and walked back in the shop and then as I approached the counter only then realised what I had actually done and with a big cheeky smile told the lady what had happened. Luckily she started laughing and thought it was funny but I suppose it could have gone the other way and I could have been in trouble. This was before I had my hair cut and shaved the beard off so at that time had nearly shoulder scruffy length hair and bushy beard so I didn't really look a particularly upstanding
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2017, 02:43 PM

I had to buy some socks for grace a few months ago I waited to pay, the ladies behind the counter were chatting about what they had for lunch, I waved the socks, cleared my throat and coughed, moved along the counter towards exit. I still had them above my head waving them in the air as I left. No one batted an eyelid.

If shops are employing people that stupid I'm sorry they don't deserve police protection from theft.

I sent the money I owed in an envelope to their head office so I paid but I do wonder how many people would have bothered.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2017, 04:26 PM

As I said elsewhere on here, the Police were on the telly a couple of nights ago, saying because of cut-backs they do not come out to investigate shop lifting any more if the stolen goods are valued at less than £200.

It went on to say that there has now been a huge increase in shoplifting!
GillyT
Nottingham, England
GillyT is female  GillyT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2017, 08:58 PM

I really am not surprised, Mups ! Crime is on the increase and the terrible thing about it is that more and more criminals are carrying knives !

Car theft, for instance, is right down at the bottom of the priority list for police - if you have your car stolen and report it, the police give you a 'crime number' - wow ! They will not investigate this crime, unless guns or knives have been used in the theft ! The only way you may get your car back is if it is 'dumped' somewhere and it is noticed, or possibly it is set on fire ! Wonderful world isn't it?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2017, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
They put too much in temptations way too, and make it far too easy to shoplift. Shops have to make it harder.
Why ? Parents should teach their offspring right from wrong !
Why is it always someone else's problem?
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2017, 10:10 PM

Is this all to do with the fact that the Police are now not investigating shoplifting if the value of the goods is less than £200? No wonder it's on the increase eh?

Right, I'm off out tmrw to nick £199 worth of freebie stuff for the house.
You've gorra love this country now eh? Must be the laughing stock of the bloody world!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2017, 10:13 PM

Think I might have mentioned this before . Couple of years ago I was in Morrison's standing by the exit door , a woman walked past me a trolly filled to overload with shopping not in bags , I realised she had stolen them , I alerted a member of staff who said no no it's fine I said , get the manager quick , he went off , I started to follow her , seconds later manager came to me , the woman realised she's been seen and turned back into the store , the manager following her . I went home . I went back to the store later and manager told me he'd followed her as she dumped item after item then left trolly and store . Apart from the items dumped they totalled up £200 worth of goods she would have nicked . The whole amount including items dumped was £250 . He gave me a bottle of wine . Yes I'd do it again . By the way when I followed her I only followed to the store exit door no further .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top