Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 09:08 PM

Robots

BBC2 Six Robots & Us on now.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2017, 09:33 PM

Re: Robots

Second part of this experiment just starting BBC2. The next home revolution.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 09:54 AM

I did try it but found it a little boring for the mood I was in at the time. I will probably try it again on iPlayer when I'm in the right mood.

I'd like to have a robot at home to do all those things I don't want to do and if it could be a bit of company and if it could hold conversations it would be a fantastic. If they do manage to build robots to do this I think isolated old people like me should be given one to keep us sane. Ok its a bit too late to help with my sanity.

I know the people who I try to strike up conversations with, checkout girls, cafe waitresses, shop assistants, doctors receptionists etc would agree if only to stop me from trying to chat to them.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 10:33 AM

MONDAYS CHILD

This is a bit O/T, but I know what you mean about striking up conversations with strangers

Have you heard about Mens Sheds? They are combined work, hobby, and social clubs, mostly for retired men
Search Google for 'mens sheds'
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 12:52 PM

I suppose the home robot idea has started to be honest. The Echo dots, The Alexas, the Roombas etc.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 01:02 PM

I think they may have already sent robots with some human features out for testing.
There's one in my local Spar shop works on the counter that is bad tempered, always pulls a sour face and has no customer skills. Bad Robot. Take back for sense of humour upgrade.
Sorry to hijack post. 😦
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I think they may have already sent robots with some human features out for testing.
There's one in my local Spar shop works on the counter that is bad tempered, always pulls a sour face and has no customer skills. Bad Robot. Take back for sense of humour upgrade.
Sorry to hijack post. ��

I think I have seen some of those. There's one in my local greengrocers (Misog & Sons).
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Sorry to hijack post. 😦
There's a Robot works down our Chip Shop, swears he's Elvis.
Mondays child
United Kingdom

29-12-2017, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
MONDAYS CHILD

This is a bit O/T, but I know what you mean about striking up conversations with strangers

Have you heard about Mens Sheds? They are combined work, hobby, and social clubs, mostly for retired men
Search Google for 'mens sheds'
Thanks zuludog will google and take a look. 😀
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

29-12-2017, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
There's a Robot works down our Chip Shop, swears he's Elvis.
Uh huh huh!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top