Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 07:57 PM

Muntjack Deer

A Muntjack deer cmes to ourgarden daily and we put out an apple a day for it,but my son wonders if we are wrong to do this,are we encouraging it to stay in the area ?This is a very built up area so I dont know where it is staying,though a lot of gardens ear by are overgrown/ untended.Any views ?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 08:03 PM

Re: Muntjack Deer

Originally Posted by deylon ->
A Muntjack deer cmes to ourgarden daily and we put out an apple a day for it,but my son wonders if we are wrong to do this,are we encouraging it to stay in the area ?This is a very built up area so I dont know where it is staying,though a lot of gardens ear by are overgrown/ untended.Any views ?
Hi

They are very common in urban areas and tend to lay up during the day in overgrown gardens.

I like them, only a problem if they get caught up in fencing o netting, their hooves are like razors.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 12:20 PM

A friend gets them regularly in her garden, she lives in Hampshire, they eat her plants if they get into her back garden so it's deer proofed. There don't seem to be any around here. We have Fallow deer but they rarely visit gardens. We see them on the grass verges at dusk or dawn sometimes a few miles away, when driving.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2017, 11:09 AM

Whether it's encouraging it or not I'd say it might just help it through the winter so don't stop. We aren't lucky enough to have them here so I'm very envious.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top