Join for free
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2017, 03:26 PM

Christmas day at the beach

Everything prepared for dinner late afternoon, we thought we´d take a run down to La Zenia beach. It´s been a few years since we went there on Christmas day, always too busy cooking for lots of people, but this year I´m only cooking for four.

There has always been a beach party there on Christmas day, everyone dressed in their Santa gear, all having fun. We got as far as La Zenia, the traffic was at a standstill, nothing moving on the roundabout and traffic jams in all directions. Eventually we got off the roundabout and went down the road to the beach. Big mistake, every road leading off the main road was jammed solid with parked cars, I lost count of how many roads we went up and down, all jammed solid with parked cars. We gave up and thought we´d go to Flamenca beach instead, no different, people had parked there also and walked back to La Zenia.

We eventually managed to park at Playa Flamenca, had a little walk along the sea front, a coffee at a café and came home. There must have been thousands of people on La Zenia beach, we could hear the bands but couldn´t see them, no way was anyone going to find anywhere to park around there.

We thought it used to be bad enough trying to get into Blackpool on a bank holiday, but it was a doddle compared to trying to get to La Zenia beach today.

It´s turned out a beautiful day, the open cafes are packed with people, there were people in the sea at Playa Flamenca.
We enjoyed the hour or so out, but I don´t think we´ll bother trying to get to the beach again on Christmas day.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2017, 04:14 PM

Re: Christmas day at the beach

That sounds like quite the excursion! I suppose there were many great minds thinking alike this morning in wanting to head to the beach. I'm happy that you at least found a nice little spot to enjoy the beautiful day, and thank you for letting us enjoy your outing from the backseat.

Cheers!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 02:28 PM

Re: Christmas day at the beach

I´ve just seen reports and photos of La Zenia beach yesterday. Over 3,000 people were there. That explains the "nowhere to park" then. !

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top