Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2011, 02:30 PM

Framin Your Photos

I think all of us that are retired need to watch our expenses pretty tightly in this world economy. I'm not an exception. I've been looking for an inexpensive way to frame some of my favorite photos. In the past I've taken my prints to custom frames who do a great job but doing three custom frames cost me over $200.

I've discovered a way to do the same job myself for $50. I buy my frames from a great store called IKEA here in the Pacific Northwest. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/search/?query=picture+frames The glassed frames come in a variety of sizes complete with mats. I choos the mat size to fit my prints and voila, I have three frames photos for $50.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2011, 03:39 PM

Re: Framin Your Photos

They look great in the frames, Bob.

Next time I need a frame I will certainly check out Ikea, we have a store not too far away from us.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2011, 04:05 PM

Ikea is a very popular shop over here Bob. Most of it cheap and cheerful stuff, but good value for money and they stock a lot of innovative bits and bobs.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2011, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Ikea is a very popular shop over here Bob. Most of it cheap and cheerful stuff, but good value for money and they stock a lot of innovative bits and bobs.
I simply love everything they sell. Their designs are clean & practical. You simply can't beat their prices for similar items and their selection is huge. In the case of frames their stock is bigger & more varied than any other store I've ever seen. We like to visit their cafeteria for the Swedish meatballs.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2011, 05:04 PM

Yes, me too (for paintings). I buy cheap frames from Wilkinsons for under £10 then get the nice lady at the art shop to cut a mount.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top