Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2017, 05:44 PM

Hi, meet Mrs. Angry.

Some of you may remember me saying last month, about the car going off the road and smashing my front garden wall down.

Well I am so angry today at the incompetence of everyone involved with handling this for me - both my insurers and the police.

This morning I had a letter arrive from my insurance company.
It was strange, partly becuase it was dated 2nd December (so where's it been for the last 3 weeks?), and also because it said MY car had driven through the wall, and would I contact them???

I phoned them this afternoon. They told me they had received no response from the guilty party.
I said "No, you won't have, because he never got your letter - you've sent it to me instead!"
So all this time I have been waiting to see what he says for himself, and whether he has any insurance, and they haven't even written to him yet. The idiots sent me his letter.

The second surprise I could have done without was a letter from the police today, also.
They have sent me 6 pages of paper work to fill in.
I have told them till I'm blue in the face that I did not see or hear anything, the chap who lives opposite is the only witness as he saw the bloke trying to drive off and followed him up the road to get his number plate and address.

So have they spoken to this witness? NO.
What's more, the covering letter they sent me, has the time of the accident wrong, and even the date it occured wrong!!

I have phoned them, and an answerphone says that office closes at 3 pm.

In other words, no one has done a damn thing to find out about the little maggot who did this and legged it, but they have been quick enough to put my renewal premiums up.

Yours,

Fed up old Gal.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2017, 05:55 PM

Re: Hi, meet Mrs. Angry.

Let it out lass
There's nothing for it Mups ... I'll make some wax effigies for you and you can stick them on a toasting fork infront of the fire.

Out of the two of them the police have to be the worst. We rely on them to keep us safe in our beds.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2017, 05:57 PM

You surely lead an eventful life Mups.... what a bunch of muppets eh....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2017, 06:00 PM

I'm getting worn down Barry.

I am getting tired and fed up with trying to make people just do their job.

It's been one thing after another this year, and I am not getting any younger.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2017, 06:09 PM

It's no wonder that most of us "Of a certain age" suffer from high blood pressure. This sort of thing fair makes my blood boil! By the way i love the idea from Barry that all of Mups mates are referred to as Mupettes. We sound like a 60s girl group.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2017, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Hi

Mups, so sorry to hear this, it is the last thing you need.

I know how you feel, it just wears you down.

It took me 14 Months to get the final payout from my Insurance Company and many, many visits to get the snags rectified.

The Police, who I worked with for many years, I have now got no confidence with at all.

I have a Notice of Intended Prosecution for failing to report an Accident.

My car was on my drive at the time.

I know it is difficult, but stay strong and fight them.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2017, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

It's not you .. it's them. There's a barrow load of incompetent nits in jobs these days which demand attention to detail but are staffed by idle airheads who just aren't bothered.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2017, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
It's not you .. it's them. There's a barrow load of incompetent nits in jobs these days which demand attention to detail but are staffed by idle airheads who just aren't bothered.

Hi

You have a way with words, but spot on with that one.

I despair at times, I really do.

The Cops are out for an easy time now.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

21-12-2017, 06:58 PM

I was amazed to read but didn't like to ask about this which you posted Swims ....

I have a Notice of Intended Prosecution for failing to report an Accident.

My car was on my drive at the time.

It sounds like a script for a comedy sketch.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2017, 07:06 PM

Mups this is ridiculous!

I would take a business like approach by asking the insurance company for a letter explaining why a letter dated 2nd Dec could have taken 3 weeks to be delivered and why they didn't have the correct details of the incident.

I would also write to the Police asking why there has been no progress in this incident when you and your neighbours have provided all the necessary information to the officers you spoke to on the night it happened. You should then list the details:-

1) You were not witness to the accident so could give few details, but you had provided names of those who did witness it, including the gentleman who followed the vehicle to provide the whereabouts of the person who caused it and his number plate.

2) You would also hope that, now you were providing the correct date and time, they would be able to move a little faster with their enquiry as there has been no progress so far.

Ask for a reply, in writing, from the person who was in charge of this incident.

I always like to have things in writing, just in case you need to prove things at a later date!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top