Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2017, 04:52 PM

Who has problems sleeping?

Last week it was mental issues that were keeping me awake; this week it's Carpals Tunnel Syndrome.

I hate sleepless nights when I have to be somewhere the next day. Usually it's pain that keeps me up.

Saying that, I did sleep for 4 hours during the day today once the codeine had kicked in. Tonight? who knows.

Do you have issues sleeping, and how do you cope with them?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2017, 05:12 PM

Re: Who has problems sleeping?

I don't have a problem getting to sleep, but I do have a serious problem STAYING asleep. I tend to wake up around 03.00 - 03.45 and then toss and turn for a couple of hours before getting up.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2017, 05:13 PM

Cardamom pods lightly crushed into hot milk, steeped for a few minutes then sieved out. Drink the resulting milk you can sweeten it with honey or sugar but we find it sweet enough. Knocks all of us out for at least 6 hours.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2017, 05:20 PM

Sometimes it takes me a while to go off, but once I'm asleep a bomb wouldn't wake me.
I think you need to calm your mind first, no use trying to sleep if things are churning over and over in your head, it won't work.

Try Yoga breathing techniques or relaxation tapes, something like that might help calm the brain.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2017, 05:23 PM

Read a book.

Don't watch TV or use a computer or your mobile immediately before going to bed.

Drink a milky drink such as Horlicks. Avoid coffee and tea at least two hours before you go to bed.
Note: Alcohol does not make you sleep, you are merely in a coma and will still be tired in the morning.

Make sure you are warm in bed - add an extra duvet if necessary.

Try to sleep in a quieter room. If it’s noisy outside, close the windows and use a fan on a low setting to get some ventilation in the room.

Get some blackout curtains or use and eye mask or earplugs.

Try to free your mind of life’s stress and be relaxed before going to bed.

I work nights and I’ve tried all of these at some point or another, most of them work for me.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2017, 05:25 PM

I agree Floydy, good advice there, especially about no computer/telly/mobile just before bed.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2017, 05:55 PM

It's pain that is keeping me up, though, I don't use a TV or mobile before going to bed and I only drink coffee in the morning.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2017, 06:00 PM

I take Asprin if my pain is too bad , I think its working .Sleep follows soon after ...
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2017, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
It's pain that is keeping me up, though, I don't use a TV or mobile before going to bed and I only drink coffee in the morning.

Just be careful with the codeine - no more than 8 tablets per day!!!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

19-12-2017, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Just be careful with the codeine - no more than 8 tablets per day!!!
Thanks, I made the mistake of taking too many once before.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top