Join for free
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2017, 04:15 AM

Feud: Bette and Joan (BBC)

I was advised to watch this series by a rather prim and proper elderly lady that I met at a Christmas party.

I was paying only scant attention until she mentioned Susan Sarandon then, when she mentioned Jessica Lange, my ears really pricked up - TWO actors of quality in a TV series .....

The more I heard, the more I decided to investigate - I was not disappointed .....

In the first episode, I was totally drawn into the world of Davis and Crawford in '60's Hollywood - the realism enhanced by using today's aging actors to portray the aging actors of yesteryear.

Whether the series will keep me enthralled remains to be see but be warned - some language used is definitely not for the "prim and proper" .....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05lghlj
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2017, 06:20 AM

Re: Feud: Bette and Joan (BBC)

Sounds like a good one, Getting it now. Thanks
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2017, 07:30 AM

"Old age is no place for SISSYS"

Thanks Bet.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2017, 09:28 AM

I'm a great fan of Bette & Joan so looked forward to seeing this,but I'm afraid I found the acting a bit wooden...I was probably expecting too much but will continue watching and hope I'll change My mind in the coming weeks.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2017, 10:28 AM

Always thought their feud was a joke story but they really did loathe each other it seems. WEHTBJ was a good earner for them both and although they were manipulated by film studio managed to make a Hollywood classic.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2017, 02:27 PM

I've now watched 4 episodes and I could easily watch the next 4 back-to-back .....

My addiction is entirely due to the quality of performers (except Stanley Tucci as Jack Warner and Kiernan Shipka as B.D.) .....
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2017, 01:17 AM

Jane Hudson line,"You mean, all this time we could have been friends? " You can see why Joan Crawford suggested Bette Davis make this film together. Watching on BBC2 now.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2017, 11:37 AM

The acting in this was pretty good but I found the story rather sensationalised, it was like all the newspaper headlines woven together. I can't say I believed half of it.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top