Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2011, 09:17 PM

Black and white school photo.

Please help me.

I am going home to see my Family and Friends back home in the Isle of Man.

My dilemma is this. Does anyone know if it is possible to enlarge what I can only presume was a picture of my class mates way back in the late 50s 60s (possibly on a box brownie). The picture is around 2 inch's square, reasonable condition with only a few crease lines.

I am hope full of meeting some of my old school pal's and have a laugh at how we looked, also may be able to put names to individual's.

It would be really nice to hand over a few copies.

My scanner just shows the people as black.

Azz I am sorry if this is the wrong category.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Love and Peace to you all.
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2011, 09:42 PM

Re: Black and white school photo.

I hope it is alright to answer this here I work in a high street chemist not sure if I can say which one but the biggest Chemist chain in the country hehe if you take the print in there they will reproduce it for you and the results are really good from some of the small black and white prints 6x4 and
5x7 for under 30p each hope this helps....1hour or 24hour by the way....
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2011, 09:50 PM

Suey, we have a large branch of the store in central Manchester. I will as my Wife Norma to drop in.

Suey, Thank you for your valued assistance.

Adrian.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2011, 10:10 PM

Sounds like good advice from Suey
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2011, 11:53 PM

I hope the pics turn out well and you have a great reunion with your family and old pals! Suey, so nice you could help
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2011, 12:09 AM

Well done Suey for prompt advice!

I hope the photos turn out well, Adrian, I'm sure you and your old school pals will have a good laugh and lots of reminiscing over them.
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2011, 11:19 PM

Hope the advice worked for you let me know how you got on..
Sue
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2011, 03:23 AM

There are many ways to resize small photos. The quality of the finished print is always tied to the quality of the original. If the original is sharply focused and not severely worn.torn or defaced Photoshop & one of its plug-in partners, OnOne Software can do a great job. The specific software is called Perfect Resize. I could go from a wallet photo to an 8x10 as long as the original is good.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2011, 09:31 AM

Why not put it on here and see if we can tidy it up for you? I`ve got some reasonable software - but it depends on the original. Can you scan it at a high resolution?
mrmojorisin
Tangy Town, UK
mrmojorisin is male  mrmojorisin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2011, 11:04 AM

With old B&W photos I always scan them in colour mode and get much better results

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top