Join for free
dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2011, 05:21 PM

Know it alls.....

Ever been called a "Know it all"?
Usually it is said behind your back, but then there are a few who have said it to your face.
How crude a statement!
Just because a person has spent a huge amount of their life learning various things, so they can speak intelligently on most matters, does NOT make them a know it all. It simply means they took the time to learn.
True! Some folks go overboard with it and can be pushy but that doesn't mean all are.
Your views please!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2011, 05:29 PM

Re: Know it alls.....

" Know all " is a saying when soomeone has lost the argument.

When you think about it "Know All" is a stupid saying because no-one can "Know all" we can all learn something every day even in subjects which we have studied for years and become proficient in.
dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2011, 05:36 PM

Well said Anti.
No one can know it all & you do learn something new each day even in your own field of study.
Those that use the phrase "Know it all" towards someone is just lacking in their own knowledge & upset cause the other person had more info. or newer info.
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2011, 05:59 PM

Could not agree more with both of you.

If anyone should even consider they knew it all - it would only indicate they had stopped learning!!!

Frustration is sometimes the cause for such a remark by someone faced with their personal insufficient knowledge of the subject that they may be talking/argueing about.

Also need to remember that attitude plays a part in the communication.

Rainbow x
dragon
florida, usa

09-02-2011, 06:02 PM

Attitude does play a part in it-on both parties part.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2011, 07:18 PM

I knew it all when I was sixteen, but it's been all downhill since...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2011, 07:30 PM

My Dad used to say, 'Every Day is a school Day Son' and if I knew half as much as he did I'd be contented. You will never know it all, nobody does. No one has ever attempted to call me a know all for obvious reasons, and I'm not sure whether I'd be complimented or insulted, in the meantime I'll continue to ask questions.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2011, 07:32 PM

Thats a lovely answer Jemflux.
dragon
florida, usa

09-02-2011, 08:03 PM

I agree-lovely answer.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top