Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 10:11 AM

Littlies are so funny.

Hi

Small Zosia is 4, she is the daughter of Zac, one of the lads who stay with me when they are in England.

She was on Skype this morning with Dad, who is here now until next Sunday.

She was staying overnight with Grandparents

Grandfather told her off last night, he is a miserable old git, children should be seen and not heard.

She was fully dressed, bag packed, hat and coat on, sat on the chair in front of the laptop and is leaving Poland to come and live in England with me because I do not shout at her and give her Ice Creams.

Hilarious.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 10:42 AM

Re: Littlies are so funny.

How sweet, bet you filled a bit though Swimmy.
Smile
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 10:44 AM

That's not necessarily funny, more like honesty. Kids are very aware at that age and speak the truth without frills. We should never under estimate these youngsters, they have more common sense than many of us
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 11:06 AM

Little grandson came home after rugby training soaking wet covered in mud and starving.

Straight in the shower I tell him, no he says my tea first grandma. I tell him no you are wet through, well says he having a shower makes no sense it will just make me wetter

You can t argue with that
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 11:18 AM

Hi

They are so innocent though.

Last time she came, English Grandfather turned up, off we went on the Train, with Mum and brother, a great adventure.

A McDonalds at the airport, then the plane, which she loved, then my car and an hour later, meeting her Dad and Cousins.

Life is very simple at that age, a vast difference from living in a small Polish Village.

Never seen Toys R Us, never seen the Monkey Forest, never seen fireworks.

To her, it is Heaven.

Not to be destroyed by reality.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 11:22 AM

You must seem like Santa Claus to her swims, as you say so innocent and everything is an adventure
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

03-12-2017, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
You must seem like Santa Claus to her swims, as you say so innocent and everything is an adventure

Hi

In that respect I am no different to you summer, playing monsters in the trees with your littlie.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 02:39 PM

How lovely Swimfy.
You really are a big softie - I like that.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 04:55 AM

Precious!

One time my son, three at the time, decided to run away. It was a sad moment for our family, but sometimes a man has to do what a man has to do.

I told him that I thought it was a terrible shame that he was leaving, but begrudgingly helped him with his coat and hat, and put an apple and orange in his pockets.

As he stepped out the door, I wished him well and went back to cleaning the sidelights just inside the front door so I could keep an eye on him. He stood there on the step contemplating his options and looking out over the big, wide world for a long time. Finally realzing that he really didn't quite have the skills, exprience, or savings (he had a quarter) to make a go of it, he made the difficult decision to turn around and rang the doorbell.

We refer to it as the time he ran away to the doormat.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Precious!

One time my son, three at the time, decided to run away. It was a sad moment for our family, but sometimes a man has to do what a man has to do.

I told him that I thought it was a terrible shame that he was leaving, but begrudgingly helped him with his coat and hat, and put an apple and orange in his pockets.

As he stepped out the door, I wished him well and went back to cleaning the sidelights just inside the front door so I could keep an eye on him. He stood there on the step contemplating his options and looking out over the big, wide world for a long time. Finally realzing that he really didn't quite have the skills, exprience, or savings (he had a quarter) to make a go of it, he made the difficult decision to turn around and rang the doorbell.

We refer to it as the time he ran away to the doormat.
That is a lovely story Surfermom and you handled the situation very well. The earlier you teach children that their actions sometimes mean that life may not be so good, the sooner they learn to think before they act.........but I am sure you would have reached the garden gate much faster than he did, if he decided to go!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top