Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2017, 02:03 PM

Isolation?

We often hear of people that are sad because they feel isolated (sometimes on this forum) but does anyone like the idea of it?

I sometimes wish I was sitting on the top of a mountain or alone at the south pole with nothing but ice.

I might even consider travelling through space to observe the universe even if there was no chance of coming back. Obviously I would post pics on the forum.

It's ok, I'm not feeling depressed or anything and I don't wish to upset anyone who is but It's just something that has always fascinated me.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2017, 02:07 PM

Re: Isolation?

That IS sad Longlegs.
No-one should ever feel that way.
I did feel very alone when I was going through the trauma of both my parents, dying of cancer at the same time. But I have drawn strength from that.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2017, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
That IS sad Longlegs.
No-one should ever feel that way.
I did feel very alone when I was going through the trauma of both my parents, dying of cancer at the same time. But I have drawn strength from that.
No, don't get me wrong, I'm not feeling sad, it's just something I have always liked the idea of. I'm not sure I would like it forever (How would I talk to you lot).
I suppose there is a difference between being alone and being lonely.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2017, 02:21 PM

There are occasions when I do feel lonely, but having said that, I do prefer my isolation, that is why I avoid social occasions. I have never been one for visiting neighbours or friends, certainly not without specific invitations. Since living here for five years I can count on one hand the amount of people, apart from family, who have been in my home. My dream was always to have a remote cottage with woodland behind it. I even saw the one I would have loved, miles from anywhere. Obviously not practical given my mobility difficulties now.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

01-12-2017, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
There are occasions when I do feel lonely, but having said that, I do prefer my isolation, that is why I avoid social occasions. I have never been one for visiting neighbours or friends, certainly not without specific invitations. Since living here for five years I can count on one hand the amount of people, apart from family, who have been in my home. My dream was always to have a remote cottage with woodland behind it. I even saw the one I would have loved, miles from anywhere. Obviously not practical given my mobility difficulties now.
That's what I am getting at CeeCee.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2017, 02:27 PM

15 yrs ago I moved into a house on my own , I'd never lived alone and was very lonely and sad , it took many years to get used to being alone . I have no family near , others who I new were surrounded by family , I felt envious they had that comfort . It was hard and I always hoped one day I would be content . Now I can honestly say I no longer feel that way , I'm ok in my aloneness and in many ways prefer it . I like doing things by myself now , selfishly I prefer it , I can please myself . As I get older I'm more and more at peace with myself , I like it . I could never live with anyone again , I only have me to think of . Yet I can feel empathy for some who are lonely , I know how sad it can feel . I like to close my doors and be with me . I can be with people quite happily but always glad to come home
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

01-12-2017, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
15 yrs ago i moved into a house on my own , i'd never lived alone and was very lonely and sad , it took many years to get used to being alone . I have no family near , others who i new were surrounded by family , i felt envious they had that comfort . It was hard and i always hoped one day i would be content . Now i can honestly say i no longer feel that way , i'm ok in my aloneness and in many ways prefer it . I like doing things by myself now , selfishly i prefer it , i can please myself . As i get older i'm more and more at peace with myself , i like it . I could never live with anyone again , i only have me to think of . Yet i can feel empathy for some who are lonely , i know how sad it can feel . I like to close my doors and be with me . I can be with people quite happily but always glad to come home
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2017, 02:32 PM

I like my own company and the peace and quite that comes with, one of these times was when i separated from my husband ,Isolation appeals to me.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2017, 02:37 PM

I never ever feel lonely and love being on my own
Isolation holds no fear for me, I would make a good hermit
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2017, 03:22 PM

Yes, I like being solitary some times. I wrote a poem about it.

Solitary

I stood on the bridge, watched the water below
Curling around rocks made smooth by it's flow
Mesmerised listening to the gentle sound
Suddenly, another's footfall on the ground
Realising someone, was watching my show
Thoughts in my head suggest, "It's time to go".
I had wanted peace, to be solitary
Not to have company, watching with me.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top