Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 09:15 AM

another worry

crooks stealing your car without keys

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-4213...ught-on-camera
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 09:17 AM

Re: another worry

Originally Posted by doctor ->

Not my worry, I don't have a car!!!
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Not my worry, I don't have a car!!!
that's ok then
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by doctor ->

I heard someone (a police officer I think) discussing this on the radio and advising people to keep their smart car keys in the fridge which acts as a Faraday Cage and to resort to using the old steering wheel locks .
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 11:06 AM

Good idea about the fridge!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 11:13 AM

Hi

Buy a car that thieves do not want, then do not clean it.

Problem solved.
doctor
west wales

27-11-2017, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Buy a car that thieves do not want, then do not clean it.

Problem solved.
if thieves wouldn't want it,neither would I
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 11:36 AM

with a key fob in my pocket I can open the car door and start the car just by pushing door button and engine start button. No ignition key or car door key as with know it. Only drawback is you can't just have the ignition on only.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
with a key fob in my pocket I can open the car door and start the car just by pushing door button and engine start button. No ignition key or car door key as with know it. Only drawback is you can't just have the ignition on only.

So prresumably you can't leave the car in gear when you park it, else ti would stall when the engine started.
So what happens to anyone who lives on a hill, or has a sloped driveway like my son has, they wouldn't be able to park and leave it in gear?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 12:02 PM

I read something about this a few years ago when thieves would park in a car park with a scanner and find out the frequency of someone locking or unlocking their car. I think that they only stole things out of the car though. It appears they have improved now and are able to steal the whole vehicle.

An interesting point though, I dabble in electronics and regularly check magazines and the internet for the latest gadgets, and you would be surprised at some of the things you can buy that clearly break the law. From Lasers to phone tapping equipment and covert surveillance equipment.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top