Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 04:17 AM

Why her and not the other ones ?

Just now, I was chatting with a lady friend of mine who lives in The Philippines. We had to cut it short because she wanted to watch the Miss Universe contest.

That got me to thinking about something I've wondered about from time to time. Let's assume that all of those young women are very attractive. Why is it that a man will think one or two of them are achingly beautiful, while the others are pretty, but not breath-taking ? And, his friend will say, "Are you kidding? No way ! Miss Sweden is smoking hot, and FAR better looking than the others".

Seriously, I'd really like some feedback. How does this come about ?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 05:56 AM

Re: Why her and not the other ones ?

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Just now, I was chatting with a lady friend of mine who lives in The Philippines. We had to cut it short because she wanted to watch the Miss Universe contest.

That got me to thinking about something I've wondered about from time to time. Let's assume that all of those young women are very attractive. Why is it that a man will think one or two of them are achingly beautiful, while the others are pretty, but not breath-taking ? And, his friend will say, "Are you kidding? No way ! Miss Sweden is smoking hot, and FAR better looking than the others".

Seriously, I'd really like some feedback. How does this come about ?
Well it's obviously because everyone has their own personal tastes. We don't all like the same thing. Same as in clothing, cars, music, you name it.
People see different qualities in different people, for various reasons.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Well it's obviously because everyone has their own personal tastes. We don't all like the same thing. Same as in clothing, cars, music, you name it.
People see different qualities in different people, for various reasons.
Yes, obviously. But why ?
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 06:11 AM

They are all lovely till they open their mouths why asked to give a comment.

Thats when I cuddly my dog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Yes, obviously. But why ?
Er, because human beings all have their own personalities. We're not clones or androids. As I said, we all have different opinions.
Sorry bud, but you're asking a rather weird question there.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 06:45 AM

I agree with Floydy, as they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I read an article about this once and it said we are all unwittingly attracted to good looking people because we want to strengthen our gene pool and make strong healthy children.

I'm not sure if that's true but it sort of made sense to me.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 08:04 AM

It must be to do with the face, if the contest was filmed from the neck downwards, all the models would look the same.
bakerman
Mexico

27-11-2017, 08:42 AM

Well, I don't know why someone thinks it is a weird question. I mean to say that I have a preferred "type", and just wondered where it came from ? One thing I do know for certain is that I'm attracted to big, fluffy, shiny manes (hair) but why I just could not say.
No, silly. not arm-pit hair.

You know how baby ducks can "imprint" on a person if the mother is not around ? I was wondering if it could be something similar during my impressionable teens.
All I know for sure is it is QUITE strong.
bakerman
Mexico

27-11-2017, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I agree with Floydy, as they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I read an article about this once and it said we are all unwittingly attracted to good looking people because we want to strengthen our gene pool and make strong healthy children.

I'm not sure if that's true but it sort of made sense to me.
Yes, I agree with that theory. Scientists also say that youth projects health and health denotes increased possibilities of strong healthy children. They say this all happens on an unconscious level.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 10:38 AM

Part of natural selection, to make sure the human race has plenty of diversity to choose from.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top