Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2017, 06:23 PM

Crushed Cricket Bread hits shelves in Finland

I know there´s nothing wrong with it, but I wouldn´t eat it, I´m way to squeamish.

http://www.euronews.com/2017/11/23/c...ves-in-finland
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2017, 06:26 PM

Re: Crushed Cricket Bread hits shelves in Finland

Not for me either thanks.

They must have been watching too much "I'm a Celeb".
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2017, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Not for me either thanks.

They must have been watching too much "I'm a Celeb".
Glad it´s not just me. I quite simply couldn´t bring myself to eat it. I´m sure if I ate it first without knowing and was told afterwards, I would be racing faster than Linford Christie to the bathroom.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2017, 06:35 PM

Must be getting harder to be a vegetarian these days.

No, I wouldn't fancy it even if it had nice crunchy bits.

Quote:
The bread was launched shortly after Finland joined five other European countries – Britain, the Netherlands, Belgium, Austria and Denmark – earlier this month in allowing insects to be raised and marketed for food use

What next? Ground up woodlice or beetles. Live maggots in tomatoes aren't new though. You can go cross-eyed if you spot one of them just as it goes in your mouth. I've never recovered from the trauma of that.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

26-11-2017, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

Quote:
The bread was launched shortly after Finland joined five other European countries – Britain, the Netherlands, Belgium, Austria and Denmark – earlier this month in allowing insects to be raised and marketed for food use

What next? Ground up woodlice or beetles. Live maggots in tomatoes aren't new though. You can go cross-eyed if you spot one of them just as it goes in your mouth. I've never recovered from the trauma of that.
I´m now beginning to feel sick at the thought of all this insect food.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2017, 06:44 PM

Me too ...

Perhaps we could wean kids off chewing gum by putting ground up chewy slugs in it.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2017, 06:57 PM

Quote:

Hi

Rule Number 1 of fishing.

Always put your cup of coffee on the tray behind the maggot box.

Saves you having nasty surprises when you are catapulting maggots out and find them in the bottom of your coffee.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

26-11-2017, 07:05 PM

* shudders* ..... er, do they drown quick Swims or do they tickle your tongue in transit.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2017, 08:09 PM

Is it gluten free?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2017, 08:21 PM

* shudders* ..... er, do they drown quick Swims or do they tickle your tongue in transit.
Hi

They are persistent little sods Morti.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top