Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 03:25 PM

Does anyone use Quicdo on here?

I have for years and made a reasonable amount of what is in essence free money, well they they take an admin fee of £5 a year which I can live with. Companies like Expedia usually offer from about 7% to 12% on it and you also have utility companies, airlines, most of the department stores....

www.quidco.co.uk

I think topcashback do a similar thing
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 03:57 PM

Re: Does anyone use Quicdo on here?

I haven't heard of that one but have heard of topcashback of course. There was an article in the paper just recently about a woman who has saved oodles of money a year.

With me though, I'm afraid I value my privacy and do not like to give personal details such as bank account details etc to companies who promise to save you money on shopping.What happens to that information? where is it stored? who do they pass it on to? what are their safety procedures for hacking threats? I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it at all, it's just me. I am always wary of companies that ask for money up front for saving you money.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 05:54 PM

I always think if the deals are out there I can find them without using an intermediary and save the £5 fee too.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 06:02 PM

Never heard of Quicdo or topcashback and don’t think I would bother with it anyway...
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 07:29 PM

Over the years I have been with them I have received over £2.5K cash back so the £5 a year does not bother me to much. A typical hotel booking with Expedia usually gives you 10 or 20 quid back, car hire about 50 or 60 so it all tots up over time, I have been with a long time though so that is over quite a few years, you only pay the £5 once you have earned that much cash back, anyway I can understand people being a bit suspicious of what is in essence free cash.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Never heard of Quicdo or topcashback and don’t think I would bother with it anyway...
Mags, l have heard of them but couldn’t be bothered with them either!!
DWebb
North East, UK

23-11-2017, 07:33 PM

I am sure Martin Lewis would make a better fist of explaining what they are than me

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/sh...hback-websites
DWebb
North East, UK

23-11-2017, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Well it is a free Country so we can make our own decisions
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 10:03 PM

I use Quidco and topcashback as often as possible

Think I got £100 back just for signing up with BT

If you are going to buy something anyway, surely it makes sense to go via a cash back site??

I'm not piss poor, nor do I have money to burn, I make my money work for me so I can have what I want/need, without having to scrimp and save or work full time
cbrown372
Scotland
cbrown372 is female  cbrown372 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 10:18 PM

I use both Quidco and TCB, holiday booking gained me £100, car insurance £60 odd and like you Missy my swap to BT gained me £60. £2k over a few years and sometimes the pay out gains extra from the likes of Tesco vouchers, no brainer really.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top