Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 01:11 AM

Another problem tonight.

Some of you may remember 2 or 3 years ago, when some maniac on drugs drove into my front garden and his car ended up half on my car's roof, writing mine off completely.

Tonight it happened again.
About just before 10 o/clock my door bell went. I was a bit concerned that time of night. Looked out of my front window to see if there was a car I knew, but there wasn't, so I wouldn't open the door.
The bell went again. My dogs were going mad and refused to be quiet.
Luckily I have a lockable outside porch, so I opened the inner door and saw the security light on, and my opposite neighbour, Paula, standing there.
She had come to ask me if I'd heard the crash outside, but as I had been in the back of my bungalow in the kitchen, and telly was on, I hadn't heard anything.

Turns out another maniac, drunk, had come off the road on the bend outside, and smashed into my front garden, knocking the wall down, and the gate post, and my Rowan tree, and ploughed up all the Sweet Williams and bulbs I had lovingly planted out for autumn. My car is safe this time thank goodness.

2 of my lovely male neighbours saw him and gave chase.
Turned out he lived about half a mile up the road.
They saw him staggering out of his car at his house, so got his number plate and where he lived.
Meantime, me and Paula phoned 999. I have never phoned 999 before.
The police have just left me, about 11.45 tonight.

I really hope the person who did this to me was insured and I can get my wall rebuilt. The men opposite helped me move all the bricks and rubble and sweep up so I can get my car out of the drive in the morning.

Some will no doubt find it strange, but I am really upset about losing so many plants, I love my plants and had been nurturing them for weeks, and planned a lovely display for next spring.

Still at least me and my dogs are safe, and so is my car this time, so that's a blessing.
Lets see what the next week or two bring with regard to getting help to put the wall re-built again.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 01:23 AM

Re: Another problem tonight.

Blimey .....

I'm glad you're OK ..... you must be in shock, though .....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 01:35 AM

Oh dear Mups, you wouldn’t think it could happen to you twice .

What lovely helpful neighbours you have too. Thank goodness neither you or your dogs were hurt.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 01:37 AM

yes i remember last time,and they say lightening don't strike twice.
I hope the driver is ashamed of himself.Take care you don't fall over any of the rubble.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 01:38 AM

Thank goodness you've got such good neighbours to help you Mups ..

and yes, it can be upsetting and throw you off balance when things like that happen. I was the same when I woke up to a loud crash and found a Conoco petrol tanker stuck in my flattened front hedge with the front cab end wedged on top of next doors car.
Fire brigade arrived to hose it down, think the whole street turned out to watch.

Worse was when someone knocked on my front door (different house) one evening to tell me my hedge was on fire .. he didn't really need to tell me as I immediately saw the flames and I went ape and scampered out.
Fire brigade arrived to find me hosing my hedge trying to keep it away from my porch.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 01:40 AM

Thanks folks. I'm more than a little pee'd off tonight.

I must get to bed and try to sleep now though, and see exactly what the damage is in daylight tomorrow.

Night night all.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 01:44 AM

Sorry you've had such a shock Mups

Thank goodness you are all safe. I agree with Mags - you are really blessed to have such kind neighbours.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 04:03 AM

Hi

You are safe Mups, that is the most important thing.

I thought my life was eventful at the moment, but nothing compared to yours.

Take care and try not to get too upset about it.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 04:15 AM

That's horrible, Mups! I am sure you must be running the full gamut of emotions.

Certainly it is a huge relief that you and the dogs are fine, but I would be angry over the damage and the hassle that is going to come from this. I too hope the driver is insured.

What good, solid neighbors you have near you to have taken on the risky task of following the driver. I am always impressed how people come forward and do the right thing without missing a beat.

I hope you got some sleep, Mups. It will all sort out.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 07:24 AM

sorry to here this mups,,,glad your safe and dogs,,

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top