Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 08:13 PM

Honestly, It Is Enough To Depress You.....

I am usually a happy go lucky person but reading/hearing the news today, l feel quite depressed. I even want to cry....

A beautiful young girl, Gaia Pope is missing, believed to be dead..

A 16 year old girl called Megan given drugs by two men. She died in the back of their car and they did nothing to help her.

A 14 year old Russian model died whilst modelling in China. They said at first, it was from exhaustion but now they think different.

Two friends backpacking in Cambodia, died of suspected food poisoning, or from the medication they bought to alleviate it?

The young wife of a Muslim man, murdered by him because she disobeyed him by seeing her friend who he had forbidden her to see. She was forbidden to see her family too.

An elderly man with Dementia who crashed into a charity shop killing the lady volunteer behind the counter. He was let off!

Ian Huntley may be free soon.

A 14 year old boy who killed a hen by having sex with it.

There are more shocking stories involving innocent babies that l find too harrowing to mention in this thread.

I really think, it’s best l don’t read/listen to the news as it is so depressing.

Do you feel the same? Or are you immune to all the shock and horror in the news these days?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 08:16 PM

Re: Honestly, It Is Enough To Depress You.....

I totally agree with you Art.
What is going on these days?
I am sure it wasn't that bad a few years back.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 08:28 PM

Partly it's because we have access to so much more information these days.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I totally agree with you Art.
What is going on these days?
I am sure it wasn't that bad a few years back.
Sweetie, I think the crimes and what people do to others, are far worse now.
Life is cheap.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

16-11-2017, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Partly it's because we have access to so much more information these days.
Ffosse, l might have agreed with you, maybe in the 1950/60’s but was there ever so much cruelty?
Again, life is cheap....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 08:48 PM

Stopped reading/watching the news ages ago Arty. There are hundreds of people just employed to root out the news 24/7 so anything will be considered on a slack news day. It's all gloom and doom and I don't like the way they want to control what you see and hear. They can influence the way you think about a news item, and I believe them to very biased.
Gathering and transmitting news is so efficient these days that World war two gets more coverage now than it did in the 1940's..
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 08:58 PM

The headlines are enough to put me off,to nights headline was a Peado Dwarf was not sent to prison because he was a Dwarf .Doesn't this sends out the wrong message .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

16-11-2017, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Stopped reading/watching the news ages ago Arty. There are hundreds of people just employed to root out the news 24/7 so anything will be considered on a slack news day. It's all gloom and doom and I don't like the way they want to control what you see and hear. They can influence the way you think about a news item, and I believe them to very biased.
Gathering and transmitting news is so efficient these days that World war two gets more coverage now than it did in the 1940's..
Foxy, l do normally bury my head in the sand re. the news but today l had to go to a garage and wait for my car to be inspected. On the table were newspapers. So l read them to pass the time! I went in happy but came out depressed!!
Not about the car...but what l had read!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

16-11-2017, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
The headlines are enough to put me off,to nights headline was a Peado Dwarf was not sent to prison because he was a Dwarf .Doesn't this sends out the wrong message .
Eliza, l didn’t see that story! I’ve got my head back in the sand! It’s less harrowing!!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 09:04 PM

It was yesterday on FB that I read of incidents involving dogs that people had shared, that depressed me.

A litter of pups abandoned in the US. A little dog that had gone into kennels for training, had been mauled to death by a staffie, breaking its back. (The owners put up a photo of it lying under a blanket, blood visible. And a beautiful 11 week old pup that had been taken during a burglary.

That is only a fraction of what goes on in our world. Living where I do depresses me.

Gah, don't get me started.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top