Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 02:02 PM

King Charles III

It was odd not having the Queen laying the wreath at the Cenotaph yesterday, both looked exhausted.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 02:42 PM

Re: King Charles III

Philip looked very frail I thought. And the Queen looked tired and worried. I personally think it's time for her to step back, I'd like to see them both end their lives together having a bit of a rest. She's done her duty by now

I'm not a Charles and camila fan at all but if that's all we have then I just hope there is something left for William to take over eventually and that he doesn't lead us into a republic.

Apologies for calling the Queen the Queer that was my predictive text and I've put it right now.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 05:19 PM

They did look Sad , and who knows what ails them at their age ,death is imminent.
Im not sure Charles will do such a good job , with what happened with Diana and Camilla, he certainly not be on the throne for long .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 05:33 PM

They are old and it was a sad day .
Charles can lay a wreath with as much dignity as anyone else .
He will not be on the throne long because he too is old.
He's had a long time waiting to be king .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 06:25 PM

It's true that Charlie-boy will not be King for long, and neither he nor The Dog will be popular, I'm sure of that.

I believe that William will be more liked and respected by the people, although nowhere near as much so as the Queen.

I think it would be a shame, and to our detriment as a nation, if we ever became a republic.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 07:03 PM

Prince Philip joked last year, “Well, I can’t stand up much longer.” He was leaning against the wall but can't see anyone suggesting he use a mobility frame.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 07:06 PM

I read somewhere earlier in the year that the queen decided to do the balcony because if she didn’t then Phillip would have taken his place beside her and he’s really just too frail
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
She's done her duty by now :!
lol wat?!

Isn't/Wasn't her duty to protect this country, to defend it from being sezied by foreign powers and to potect our justice system from the same? Didn't she swear a Coronation Oath to that effect?!

How is it then that this Germanic family have given Royal Assent to each of the EU Treaties which has passed the sovereignty, control, and justice system of this country over to the foreign power which is the EU?

No madam, she has very much not done her duty. She has failed the UK populous in the most severe and treasonous way possible. There is now no place in this country for the monarchy. That monarchy has become a joke and has betrayed the country and allowed politicians, by stealth and skulduggery, to sell this country to foreign interests, all of it fraudulent, all of it completely breaking the British Constitution.

It's time for HM The Queen and Co to be abolished or to be replaced by a new monarch who does love this country and who will ensure that it maintains its sovereignty.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 07:12 PM

Worth also saying that it would have been utterly hypocritical for her to have laid wreaths. All those valient men and women died to maintain this country, to maintain its sovereignty, to preserve its values and to preserve the freedoms which we enjoy. HM has run roughshod over all those sacrifices by permitting the country to be handed over to the EU. It would have been a farce if she had laid wreaths imo.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Worth also saying that it would have been utterly hypocritical for her to have laid wreaths. All those valient men and women died to maintain this country, to maintain its sovereignty, to preserve its values and to preserve the freedoms which we enjoy. HM has run roughshod over all those sacrifices by permitting the country to be handed over to the EU. It would have been a farce if she had laid wreaths imo.
She's getting a lot of blame for our being in the EU, isn't she?

The fact is that she avoids interfering in political matters which, I believe, is the correct thing to do. If the Queen did make important decisions regarding political matters, that would bring into doubt the validity of our having a democratically elected parliament, wouldn't it?

The Queen's Speech she makes every year is, you must realise, only nominal. It is written by the PM and she is speaking only as a figurehead.

Some argue that, if the country should ever be in a dire situation she would have the right to over-ride the government's decisions, but I'm not sure at all that that is the case in reality.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top