Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 11:33 PM

Never Judge A Book By Its Cover!

How many times have we been wary due to the look of the person?
Today, a Rastafarian with dreadlocks, who at first, l was wary of, was so kind to me that l felt truly ashamed of my thoughts....

Has this ever happened to you, in another scenario?
Do you judge people by how they look?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2017, 07:20 AM

Re: Never Judge A Book By Its Cover!

I try not too Art .
We are a society that sets too much on looks .
I like to give people the benefit of the doubt until I know them a little better.
Yesterday I sat in restuarant place and the young man behind me turned and smiled and stared at me intently .
At first I was a little uncomfortable but then recognised that something was not quite right ( he was with an older couple)
In fact despite being an adult with facial hair he was obviously a little challenged and his smile and staring was just like a little child's .
i felt sorry wondered how often his innocent behaviour had been misunderstood .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2017, 07:48 AM

I think we are programmed to judge people on how they look, isn't that why we all try to look our best for nights out when hoping to find a partner, or interviews for jobs?

As we get older, many of us learn that you don't have to look good to be a nice person, or look bad to be an awful person. Most of us learn to judge people by what they say and do... but it is very hard to get rid of the way we have always assessed people... by how they look!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2017, 07:57 AM

It seems the needs of individuals, creates the judgemental process, so, isn't it incumbent on the individual to stop needing.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2017, 10:07 AM

When I fell over the only people stopped to help were two young men that looked more likely to mug a person than help them. Made me think I tell you.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2017, 10:15 AM

Alas too many people are judged by how they look. I slightly know a goth couple in their 20s who have full make-up, piercings and the black clothes but are as gentle and kind as anything.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2017, 10:18 AM

My friend's Dad looks like he hasn't got two beans to rub together, but in reality he is very wealthy and tight as a duck's bum
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2017, 10:21 AM

Rosie ( aged 6 ) told me she didn't like the man opposite as he had a funny eye , I glanced over and realised the gentleman had lost his eye , I gently told her that we are all born into different bodies , some might not look like others but he was probably a nice person . A few minutes later she started a conversation with him and his wife , they told me as we were leaving it had made their day as they don't see their granchildren . Rosie said afterwards , yes nanny your right , we are all born into different bodies and that's ok .
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2017, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Rosie ( aged 6 ) told me she didn't like the man opposite as he had a funny eye , I glanced over and realised the gentleman had lost his eye , I gently told her that we are all born into different bodies , some might not look like others but he was probably a nice person . A few minutes later she started a conversation with him and his wife , they told me as we were leaving it had made their day as they don't see their granchildren . Rosie said afterwards , yes nanny your right , we are all born into different bodies and that's ok .
That's really touching.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2017, 11:31 AM

I try not to judge people by how they look but I admit it is difficult .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top