Join for free
GillyT
Nottingham, England
GillyT is female  GillyT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 07:40 PM

At Last The Bees Have It !

I received an email today, with some very good news, and I hope it happens! ............

BREAKING: Environment Secretary Michael Gove has announced that the UK will back a permanent ban on bee-killing pesticides.*[1]

This is huge. 38 Degrees-ers like you have been pushing for this since way back in 2012. [2]*Together, we have just made sure our bees will be around for generations to come.

Incredibly,*more than a million of us have taken part in the campaign to ban bee-killing pesticides from British fields.

At last somebody realises that the human race needs bees !!!!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 09:11 PM

Re: At Last The Bees Have It !

I saw this today. Great news indeed!

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 10:12 PM

I see some whoppers in my greenhouse and garden!
I am glad that bees are being saved!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 10:19 PM

gets a thumbs up from me...
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2017, 12:15 AM

It's very good news, but it's an EU plan which, according to reports, after an initial disagreement the UK has finally agreed to. The world needs bees but they have been dying off in alarming numbers.

https://www.foodmanufacture.co.uk/Ar...ing-pesticides
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2017, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
It's very good news, but it's an EU plan which, according to reports, after an initial disagreement the UK has finally agreed to. The world needs bees but they have been dying off in alarming numbers.

https://www.foodmanufacture.co.uk/Ar...ing-pesticides
Three cheers for the EU
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2017, 09:28 AM

It is good news for all our insects, and the wildlife,,that live on them.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2017, 09:31 AM

Good news, I'm fond of bees.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2017, 09:56 AM

Good news for all the pollinators as well as bees. I see very few hoverflies these days, I used to like watching them on warm summer days.

There is some evidence from studies that neonicotinoid pesticides could have implications for human health and they could be linked to neurobehavioral impairments.

Expect an outcry from the farmers who use large quantities of neonicotinoids on oilseed rape, I hate the stuff it makes me wheezy and my eyes stream.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2017, 10:10 AM

I closed the patio door and to my horror I'd trapped a large bee by the leg , I opened the door and it dropped onto the patio whirling around then went quiet I thought it was dead I waited and eventually it limped around then managed to fly away . Sound daft to say but I was distressed for it , I saw it again later and it seemed to be okay . The bees come into the conservatory and I get my very long spider catcher and gently catch them in the bottom bit and take them outside now . I have found the odd one dead , overcome by the heat in there .

I belong to 38 degrees too

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top